This job has been expired
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Africa’s media landscape is changing. It is one of the fastest developing news markets in the world with mobile technology transforming lives, internet connectivity increasing, the radio market remaining relatively strong and Television migrating from analogue to digital.
- The BBC World Service remains the leading international broadcaster in Africa, reaching a weekly audience of more than 100 million across all platforms and Social Media. Globally, the BBC reaches a weekly audience of 320 million across various platforms.
- The BBC World Service has expanded its multimedia operations in Africa by doubling the number of language services from 6 to 12.Three of the new language services, Amharic, Tigrinya and Afaan Oromo, are serving our audiences in Ethiopia and Eritrea, as well as a large Diaspora community. There is a strong emphasis on reaching and connecting with young audiences.
- As a Journalist with the Amharic team, you will create content to maximise the BBC World Service’s impact and potential in Africa.
- The role will involve researching, interviewing original sources and writing reports, for the BBC Amharic website in a range of formats.
- As well as being the first to respond to breaking news stories, you will help to produce and/or present the BBC’s live radio programme and create original and creative content to drive the BBC Facebook page and other social media platforms.
Are you the right candidate?
- The ideal candidate will have recent and relevant experience as a journalist and have a full command and up to date knowledge of written and spoken Amharic.
- A good knowledge of English, both written and spoken is important.
- You will be able to create original content with the ability to write, adapt and translate with accuracy, clarity and style for differing audiences and forms of social media.
- Experience of reporting, in the field, on political and economic issues would be advantageous.
- As we are looking to connect with young audiences, we are keen to hear from candidates who have knowledge & experience with the youth market.
- BBC World Service is committed to promoting Equality and Diversity among our employees and developing a positive culture where everyone can develop their full potential across BBC divisions. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all different backgrounds.
You must be logged in to post a comment.