Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The BBC World Service is undergoing a significant strategic review to become a digital first operation. This new structure seeks to ensure that the BBC is known for distinctive and original content.
BBC Swahili reaches 24.9 million people every week, and has been a trusted source of news for millions in the region and the diaspora for 65 years. The service has evolved over the years and has a strong digital offer on multiple platforms. We are refreshing its flagship TV programme, Dira ya Dunia, to showcase our best journalism, analysis and explanation. The programme will be presented from the continent for the first time to bring it closer to its key audiences.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Generate and produce new and creative treatments for digital, social and linear (TV and Radio) platforms.
- Ability to originate, plan, develop and produce engaging digital content on complex political and social issues that will appeal to African and global audiences, particularly among women and young people.
- Conduct research to inform and support production of features, investigations and original journalism.
- Undertake interviewing and reporting duties, under broad direction in both recorded and live situations, in studio or on location.
- Use knowledge of social trends across East, Central and the Horn of Africa to make informed decisions on upcoming stories.
Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience
- Fluency in written and oral Swahili, and appreciation and understanding of different language dialects in order to provide clear editorial guidance
- Demonstrable experience in originating and producing impactful digital first content, including explainers and analysis pieces.
- Proven experience in breaking news stories as well as producing features, investigations and original journalism about East, Central and Horn of Africa, and global news and current affairs.
- An understanding of BBC News distinctive news agenda and a wider interest in the digital strategy of the BBC as a whole.
- Ability to respond to and report on breaking news and to travel, sometimes at short notice
You must be logged in to post a comment.