Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to Biomed Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for performing autonomously and following up, the maintenance and correct repair of the biomed equipment in the project/mission and ensuring regularly that the usual medical maintenance and cleaning are done properly according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure the equipment are in perfect running conditions.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to:
Performing and carrying out, all necessary complex / advanced installation, maintenance and repair of MSF biomedical equipment and ensuring that as few items as possible are out of service at any given time. This includes the following tasks:
- Following the schedule and carrying out preventive and curative maintenance works for the equipment according to the MSF and/or manufacturer’s protocols, manuals, and recommendations.
- Follow up with Nairobi distributors on equipment sent out for repair.
- Organizing and participating in the testing of biomedical equipment before return to mission together with the lab specialist.
- Reporting any issues or problems on biomed equipment from the mission to his/her supervisor and proposing remote solutions.
- Assist the biomed supervisor in coming up with creative ways of making biomed equipment maintenance Videos and VR support.
- If maintenance work requires further assistance, arrange for Equipment to be sent to NBIOCA by following relevant SOP
- Participating in organizing training and creation of biomed SOPs where required.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all Job cards (certificate of service), LRS and Other related maintenance tools are always completed (including date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions) and up to date
- Continue populating, promotion and updating of NBIOCA Web page in LEW
- Diploma in Biomedical technician, mechanical, electrical technician or its equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in Pedagogical skills and technical field
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili essential
- Know and understand all the biomedical devices present in the project(s) including the
- operating principle, use and technical documentation of each biomedical equipment
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment
- to MSF Principles and Stress Management
Deadline to apply: Friday, 22nd, September 2023