Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) – 2214090
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies that improve the lives of both humans and animals. Founded in 1885 and family-owned ever since, Boehringer Ingelheim takes a long-term perspective.
Now, we are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. We believe that if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve.
We are hiring a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for SSA (Sub-Sahara Africa) based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful incumbent will:
- Establish as the first HR interface to the customer; including Functional Heads, line managers and employees in the SSA Region, which contains the countries Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Angola and Mauritius.
- Implement and maintain effective HR strategies & practices in the areas of performance & talent management, training, Organizational Development, leadership development and recruitment process in alignment with IMETA (India, Middle East, Turkey, Africa) center.
- Implement standards, defines guidelines for human resources operations, and provide effective support to all departments/functions in the SSA countries.
- Plan, organize, and implement all human resources activities including benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, organizational development, employee relations, operations, and others relative to the countries, business/functional unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. HR Operations:
- Liaise with the business to set short-term local HR priorities and operating plans based on defined guidelines/ methods from IMETA Center.
- Has responsibility for establishing and enforcing policies & procedures relative to the HR function in the SSA countries.
- Utilizes resources across work areas and departments in SSA countries.
2. Talent Acquisition:
- Partners with hiring managers and the talent acquisition team for the recruitment of mid-management and other positions.
- Prepares salary proposals in line with BI policies & SOPs.
3. Policies & Procedures:
- Ensure that local policies and procedures are compliant to local employment law and regulations in addition to global BI Values, policies, and guidelines.
- Ensure that all policies are upheld and complied to, and that processes are implemented as appropriate and in line with the BI Code of Conduct.
4. Budgeting and Cost Management:
- Works with the IMETA Center for managing headcounts and manpower cost during LTF (long term forecast) & Outlook in coordination with the payroll specialist
5. Performance Management:
- Guides managers and employees on the Performance Management Process, ensuring their proper understanding and expectations of the process through the performance management.
6. Talent Development:
- Ensure that the learning and development programs are in line with the overall business/functions’ human resource objectives and goals
- Guide and support line managers for the Talent Development Discussions (TDD) & follow up for key talent and key job positions with Department Head and Talent Development
- Identify and support in preparing development plans for employees and high potential talent.
- Partners with Learning Development team for guidance and relevant programs to support/refresh talent development and business objectives.
7. Compensation and Benefits:
- Support line managers in the annual compensation planning cycle as per C&B guidelines.
- Ensure internal equity and accuracy for salary proposals of new employees, promotions, and annual reviews.
8. HR Projects:
- Supports HR COE and Shared Services with HR projects related to company benefits, performance management, talent development and any corporate or local projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for communication and application of new HR projects/initiatives to employees and managers.
• Bachelors degree
• A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant working experience within HR is required.
• Minimum 2 years of HR Business Partner experience, preferably within FMCG, Pharmaceutical & Health Care.
• General knowledge and experience in the human resources field with emphasis on talent acquisition, training employee development, performance and talent management, employee relations, corporate culture.
• Experience in multi-disciplinary projects and corresponding change management.
• Fluency in English and local language.
• General business acumen, good understanding of financial impact derived from HR decision/policies, understanding of complex business issues and strategies.
• Communication strategy and messaging skills.
• Ability to build partnerships with internal management & staff and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge and experience in managing the resolution of critical individual HR cases.
• Logical, persuasive and able for strong stands to management on HRM principles as when required.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/