Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The Visual Content Manager of Communications at BRAC UPGI will be responsible for developing visual and multimedia content, as well as project and vendor management of any product that is externally outsourced.
Visual Content Creation
- Design and format new products aligning with BRAC branding guidelines and priorities of partners
- Update visuals and design for existing presentations, reports, case studies, briefs, one pagers, brochures for global teams and country teams
- Develop new visuals and products like graphics, infographics, gifs, and quote cards for various platforms including social media
- Take data from evidence and written content, like key messaging and lessons learned to develop engaging, visual content that helps visually tell the story of Graduation and its impact on people in extreme poverty
- Ability to create and/or edit short videos and animations preferred but not required
- Manage timelines, concepts, and production of new visuals and products internally and with external vendors to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met
- Collect input and digest feedback by various organizational leaders including especially those with the right technical expertise and oversight of the work within and outside of UPGI, proposing elegant visual solutions to technical challenges
- Enhance coordination between Comms team and other teams within UPGI on visual content creation and dissemination
- Support Head of Comms and country teams to effectively communicate and manage expectations along the way
- Incorporate input from global and country teams into new products to enhance overall impact in reaching and influencing key stakeholders
- Incorporate data from digital platforms around most effective formats and types of visual content that helps drive engagement with key stakeholders and work alongside Digital Communications Manager to effectively collect and apply data into future work and inform changes/improvements to our comms strategy
- Work alongside partners on the preparation, development, design, and copy editing of materials, presentations, reports, briefs, one pagers
- Coordinate with internal and external partners on visual content creation to highlight new data, information, lessons learned, impact around Graduation and related issues
- Support global and country teams on cultivating new, enhancing existing partner relations with key stakeholders on visual content development and dissemination
The Visual Content Manager of Communications at BRAC UPGI should have a strong commitment toward international development and the eradication of extreme poverty; with strengths in design, video production, and visual storytelling.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in graphic design, communications design, mass communications, journalism, marketing, or public relations; Master’s a bonus
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a communications/design-related position, though candidates with less years of experience with qualifying skills are encouraged to apply
- Fluent English, with experience in English-language communications in an academic or professional context; fluency in additional languages is a bonus
- Strong visual content and design skills, with the ability to visually present and complex ideas in a clear and succinct manner particularly for presentations, collateral and social media
- Strong understanding of Adobe Products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro or related software like Final Cut Pro, Canva, etc
- Strong understanding of PowerPoint, Google Slides and other presentation platforms
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- 3-5 years of experience working across teams and with high level, external partners
- 3-5 years project managing the creation of new visual content including graphics and videos to drive awareness, influence positive change toward pressing issues
- Possesses a strong understanding of international development, public policy, economics, communications, multilateral institutions, and/or global governance
- Experience living and working in the Global South highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional organizational skills, process orientation, with a keen eye for detail and creativity
- Highly self-motivated, responsive, and strong ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive collaborator, with ability to effectively manage competing work streams and deadlines
- Exceptional ability to communicate to partners and clients via visual products and presentations
- Diplomatic, with strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of cultural sensitivity.
About the Organization
About BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organization with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. BRAC was founded in Bangladesh 50 years ago and has since expanded internationally to apply our expertise, evidence, and learning from approaches like Graduation in 16 additional countries, touching the lives of over 100 million people.
About the Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative
The Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative (“UPGI”) is a global unit of BRAC that was founded
in 2016 to build off of the success of BRAC’s Ultra-Poor Graduation program in Bangladesh. BRAC UPGI aims to position the Graduation approach as a key driver to eradicating extreme poverty worldwide. It does this by:
- Advocating for uptake of the Graduation approach by policymakers, national governments, multilateral institutions, and non-governmental organizations; and
- Effective adaptation and implementation of the Graduation approach in countries around the world, supported through technical assistance and capacity strengthening for external stakeholders.
In 2002, BRAC pioneered the Ultra-Poor Graduation (“Graduation”) approach in Bangladesh – a holistic intervention to help people lift themselves from extreme poverty – after recognizing that existing poverty alleviation programs were not reaching the poorest people. Through the provision of livelihood assets, cash transfers, and continued mentoring and training, the Graduation approach addresses participants’ multidimensional needs within the local context and ‘graduates’ people from extreme poverty into sustainable livelihoods.
Graduation is an evidence-based, scalable intervention proven to break the poverty trap for the long term. So far, BRAC’s flagship Graduation program has impacted over 2 million Bangladeshi households—totaling over 9 million people. To help eradicate extreme poverty, BRAC UPGI is working to scale globally by integrating Graduation into existing government programs and help 21 million more people lift themselves from extreme poverty by 2026.
But BRAC UPGI cannot do it alone. This is beyond the means and capacity of a single
organization- no matter how ambitious or innovative. The organization is partnering with governments, as well as multilateral institutions, NGOs, and civil society, in countries where BRAC UPGI thinks it can have maximum impact and drive greater uptake for Graduation.
How to Apply
This is an outstanding opportunity to support a highly effective, collaborative, and innovative nonprofit. BRAC International offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please email your resume, detailed cover letter, and reference contact information to BRAC International.
Only complete applications will be accepted, and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 15th , May , 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.