Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The role holder will be responsible for providing overall leadership to all Financial Advisors and Units in the branch in delivering set production targets in Ordinary Life and all other lines of business while ensuring the unit managers meet their targets across all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Quality recruitment, selection and retention of productive Unit Managers and financial advisors.
- Sales planning that achieves production targets in Ordinary Life and other lines of business.
- Meeting the set persistency levels of life business and retention targets for other lines of business.
- Performance management and supervision to drive and meet targets across all product lines.
- Provide one-to-one coaching, mentoring and motivation to members of their teams and ensure that they effectively implement strategies and agreed action plans.
- Selling of Life Products and other company products as targets prescribe.
- Conducting trainings on company products, processes, sales and soft skills to achieve results.
- Market segmentation and opening of markets for financial advisors to secure business.
- Relationship management and providing effective customer service to both prospective and existing customers.
- Preparing sales and other management reports as required from time to time.
- Manage the branch office and branch staff as per the company and HR policies and procedures.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
- Accountable to the regional manager and the Head of FA Network.
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments such as Recruitment and Training, FA Administration, Business Development Managers, CSE’s.
- Britam customers, Insurance sector players.
Key Performance Measures:
- As prescribed in the contractual agreement.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A business related degree is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Life Insurance. Branch and Unit Management added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications in COP. However, certification or proof of study in ACII, AIIK or CIM will be an added advantage.
- Business Leader Competencies as outlined below;
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Deadline closes : 03-10-2023