Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
You will be part of a highly-trained field team monitoring team focusing on systematic school-level monitoring. We aim to impact teaching and learning, so we need to deliver high quality data to decision makers at all levels of the organisation & to our government partners. School Inspection ensures that we have accurate knowledge of what is happening in schools by auditing all school management work to ensure compliance with our school protocols.
Your work will involve visits to assigned schools to collect data using survey forms, and where possible supporting the school leader and teachers to troubleshoot problems so that learning is not disrupted at a school.
The role requires someone who has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated tech-savvy individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the School Inspection team even more successful. The Associate, School Inspection is passionate & a relentless advocate for our vision of democratising the right for all children to acquire high quality life changing education.
You will report to the school inspection manager.
What You Will Do
- Make daily visits to two or more schools (implement the route plan and cluster assignment) to conduct audits of school operations, management tools, materials and processes and populate findings through a digital survey form
- On a daily basis, record and then submit reports including recommendations, on all issues that do not comply with expected standards and respective policies that are observed while at schools to your line manager so as to ensure that parties responsible for resolving the issues act in a timely manner.
- Work together with the Support Office to ensure that school management and established monitoring systems and tools are well implemented and maintained as per desired standards at individual schools by the school leaders and teachers and teachers.
- Expect to work Monday-Saturday and in some unique cases Sunday.
- Expect to work with new requests evolving within departments as stipulated by the company.
- Additional activities: Assist other departments such as Schools, IT, Academics and Operations in data collection activities and investigations they need field support on.
What You Should Have
- A minimum of a 2-year Diploma or field experience in data collection in lieu of a diploma.
- Tech-savvy: comfortable using smartphones, tablets, email and able to manoeuvre through mobile IT systems/applications
- Strong observational and record-keeping skills, detailed and keen to generate high-quality data (willing to clearly indicate when something is not being done correctly)
- Impartial – Able to “stand his/her ground” and not be convinced by any party (e.g. Head Teachers, teachers) to alter the audit findings/information.
- Highly flexible to dynamic work requirements and deliverables including willingness to travel and relocate within the country when required as per job requirements
- Physically capable and comfortable with working long hours at the field including visiting remote locations and exposure to seasonal outdoor conditions.
- Mature and able to work independently and effectively – supervision will largely be done from the Support Office while you operate in the field.
- Malleable learner that’s able to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills – both oral and written
- Problem solving and solution seeking skills will be essential along with a “can-do” attitude.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
You must be logged in to post a comment.