IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Reporting to the Corporate Audit Assurance Manager the role holder will be responsible for conducting internal audits in line with the audit plan or as requested by the board or audit committee.
- Identify and critically evaluate elements of governance and risk management in the service, design appropriate risk management and mitigation strategies for implementation.
- Plan and execute internal audits in accordance with International standards on professional practice of internal audit and department’s audits methodology.
- Develop, consultation with Corporate Audit Assurance Manager, detailed audit programs based on the documented procedures and best practice, for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk areas.
- Carry out detailed audit tests on all the Group’s operations based on standard audit programs in accordance with the approved Annual Audit Plan. This includes review of operations, highlighting areas of internal control weakness and making recommendations to improve efficiency. The jobholder may change the scope of the audit if actual circumstances in the field so demand.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Ensure detailed audit tests are performed on all the Group’s operations based on Standard audit programs in accordance with the approved annual audit plan. This includes recommendations to improve efficiency. The job holder may change the scope of the audit if actual circumstances in the field so demand.
- Determine internal audit scope for particular assignments.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit department management.
- Develop new continuous improvement initiatives, evaluate the adequacy of internal control systems.
- Gather adequate audit evidence to support findings and suggestions for improvement.
- Discuss with the Corporate Audit Assurance Manager on the appropriate method in gathering audit evidence, depending on the actual circumstances encountered in the field in the course of the field work, the jobholder will constantly discuss the findings of the business so that only unresolved issues appear in the final report.
- Pay visit to Regional and Branch offices to ensure operations are in line with the Group.
- Assisting the Corporate Audit Assurance Manager in the review and documentation of existing accounting, administrative and internal control systems for adequacy and effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement. This will cover the Group operations and call for a thorough understanding of all the Group’s operations.
- Work with the Corporate Audit Assurance Manager in verifying compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Scorecard.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- CPA (K) certified is a requirement.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA) and Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) are an added advantage.
- 4-6 years working experience in an Audit related field.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Knowledge of internal audit procedure.
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
- High moral and ethical standing.
- Highly motivated.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-acitvely shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behavior and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analyzing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing – Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behavior; sets appropriate standards of behavior.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
- Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and Responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Unposting Date: 29-11-2022