Role holder will be responsible for recruitment and management of Independent Financial Advisors (IFA) as prescribed in Britam as well as ensure key performance indicators for the unit are met. This role will report to the Head of Retail Independent Financial Advisors (IFA).
- Drive the achievement of the revenue budget for the Unit with a key focus on Ordinary Life and Investment Linked products.
- Contribute to Single Distribution business model of selling all lines of products as per agreed targets.
- Select, recruit and train sales force on products, prospecting, closing and persistency.
- Recruit, train, and mentor the Independent Financial Advisors in your team.
- Inspire and motivate the sales team to achieve a successful sales career and a high-performance culture
- Train and motivate the sales force in providing appropriate financial solutions to prospective clients
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly production performance reports
- Monitor and maintain policies persistency though efficient customer service and retention
- Identify and grow new markets, grow the existing ones and guard them from competition.
- Ensure business is conducted in an ethical manner with zero tolerance to fraud.
- Grow and defend Britam’s market share position.
- Formulate and implement strategies that ensure IFA’s are well versed with Britam products
- Establish and implement strategies to increase sales, lower costs, and obtain greater efficiency.
- Ensure the IFAs adheres to Britam Credit Policy and all other policies and guidelines.
- Protect and safeguard the company against reputational and financial risks
- Accountable to the Head of Retail Independent Financial Advisors
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments such as sales training and Retail Sales Executives
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
Key Performance Measures
- Production, Life Persistency & Business Retention, Recruitment & Training and People Management
- As prescribed in the contractual agreement
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A business related degree is a minimum requirement or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Life Insurance Unit Management added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications in COP. However, certification or proof of study in ACII, AIIK or CIM will be an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Above average computer skills
Unposting Date: 15-09-2022