Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Main purpose of job:
- The Technical Works Group (TWG) Officer will provide administrative support to the full TWG team to ensure compliance is upheld on work requests and projects. The Officer will be responsible for requisitioning on behalf of the TWG team as part of the purchase to pay process.
- The Officer will responsible for the management of the stores, ensuring accurate record keeping, audit of storkeeper records, identifying and implementing safeguarding measures to avoid loss.
- The Officer will be responsible for making small purchases for the TWG Team where the government procurement card should be used. They will ensure all purchases using the card are in compliance with Financial policy.
- The Officer will undertake contract management for low value contracts (less than £10,000) ensuring all purchase to pay processes are follows, consistent contract management and communication takes place with contracted suppliers. They will liaise with the Procurement Team to ensure all Requests for Quotation and Contract Award follow appropriate timelines and meet the teams needs.
- The Officer will support the Deputy Estates Manager on budget holder duties, working with team leaders on the collating of small purchases and ensuring they are accurately forecasted for.
The TWG Officer will also line manage the following TWG staff:
- AA Storekeeper
- AA Administrative & Accounts Officer TWG
Roles and responsibilities:
General Administration – 25%
- Induction of new arrivals on their property from TWG
- Oversee the inventory controls of the TWG stores and ensure all inventory records are up to date at all times
- Work with Finance and Procurement Teams in implementing store inventory control measures and ensure records are up to date and audited for compliance.
Procurement Support – 25%
- Requisitioning for goods and services; Receiving and payment when Deputy Estates Manager is on leave and during periods of peak volume
- Update the Deputy Estates Manager (Budget Holder) on all purchases and changes in volumes, delivery dates to ensure financial compliance on forecasting for low value contracts
- Ensure compliance with procurement best practice using the government procurement card on small purchases. Responsible for reconciling and correct charging instructions within policy.
- Support the Deputy Estates Manager in preparation for the Medium Term Financial Planning exercise using prior year actual spends to profile future requirements.
- Ensure timely reconciliations and payment of goods and services through preparation of requisitions, uploaders or distribution sets for the Global Transaction Processing Centre in Manila. Distribution sets and payment uploaders to be reviewed monthly to reflect any changes in charging instructions.
- Assist Budget Holder for TWG – Monitor expenditure on Technical Works Group projects and providing accurate reporting (including financial compliance monitoring), using the HERA system
- Payment Lead for TWG – receive goods and services on HERA and forward the invoices to the Finance Team
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services with the suppliers, escalating when/ where need be.
- Maintain and resolve TWG FPCI scores issues
- Payment authority by GPC for TWG
- Contract Manager for TWG framework contracts
- Lead on small value (<£10,000) tenders for TWG
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods received
Customer Service – 15%
- Be the first line of response for complaint escallations from customers through TWG personnel. Help mediate any concerns over TWG service delivery and propose constructive solutions in line with policy but in a helping manner to the client.
- Audit the Helpdesk Open support calls monthly and work with the AA TWG Administrative and Finance Officer to clear all backlog.
Health and Safety Compliance – 10%
- Conduct arrival at post checks for new arrivals on behalf of the TWG team to ensure officers are well versed on the technical set-up of their property.
- Work with the Health and Safety Officer in ensuring house induction takes place with new arrivals, highlighting mandatory H&S checks to be done by the occupant during their posting.
Line Management – 25%
- Line Management of: AA Administrative & Accounts Officer TWG and AA Storekeeper
- Ensure they have regular one-to-one meetings, have SMART objectives, strong Learning & Development plans
- Provide regular constructive conversations setting out upcoming goals, review of recent performance and where the colleague is working well and where there is room for improvement.
- Support their work and career development within the High Commission
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- AA Storekeeper
- AA Administrative & Accounts Officer TWG
- All contracts valued less than £25,000 and deputise contract management for over £25,000
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- University Degree and/or College Diploma
- Budget / Finance Experience
- Office Support/Administration Experience
- Strong Decision Making skills
- Willingness to take initiative in own work
- Contractor & Supplier Liaison
- IT Literate (Microsoft Word & Excel – expert level)
- Knowledge of customer service
- Good team player skills
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Storekeeping experience
- Driving Capabilty with clean driving record
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills
- A flexible approach and good team working skills
You must be logged in to post a comment.