Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake detailed policy research in areas of strategic interest – including the voluntary and compliance carbon markets, and tax regulations.
- Select, summarize, and present key policy developments to management.
- Maintain a database of global policy developments/.
- Prepare presentation materials to showcase BURN to government ministers.
- Draft letters, and prepare applications forms for government programs.
- Support the Head of Government Relations on visits to governments across Africa (mix of in-person and remote)
- Liaise with government staff to schedule meetings with ministers.
- Respond to consultations on behalf of BURN.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc research reports.
- Work closely with other departments (e.g., carbon, legal) to ensure all teams have accurate up to date information on relevant policy and legislation.
- Complete all reporting activities accurately and on time.
Skills and Experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree – ideally in public policy, politics, law, or similar
- Ideally at least 2 years experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated ability to digest large volumes of information, select the key points, grasp the “so what,” and present it clearly to management
- Ability to read, understand and summarise legal documents
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent analysis skills
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and works independently
- Process-orientated with strong time-management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of the carbon markets and environmental policy is desirable
- Knowledge of tax and trading regulations is desirable
- A passion for BURN’s mission
You must be logged in to post a comment.