Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Areas of Need
- The consultant will work as part of a larger project team composed of other full-time staff and consultants, and is expected to make contributions to an ongoing research design process for a market assessment to understand demand for crop index insurance.
- This would involve several steps; Firstly, defining research objectives, such as identifying the target market, understanding their needs and preferences, and assessing the viability of the insurance product. Next, determine data sources, data collection approach and sample size and sampling methods. Analysis and synthesis of insights to draw conclusions and make recommendations on determinants of viability of a crop index insurance product and the best approach to market such a product to the target audience.
The consultant will assist in the following areas:
- Conduct literature review to identify relevant research questions for understanding demand for crop index insurance
- Prepare for primary data collection (IRB draft, draft tool, train and supervise field team)
- Analysis of field data (tool testing)
- Drafting a set of market assessment tools and guides (baseline and endline)
- Draft reports as required
- Co- present at a learning event
Consultants will need to meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in micro-insurance market assessments or agriculture insurance product design in Africa
- Masters in a relevant field (Agriculture, Commerce, rural development etc)
- Experience developing and executing standardized research instruments
Duties of Busara
- The Busara team will provide overall clarification on expectations and technical support as required.
- Busara will provide contextual information required, including already generated long list of ideas.
Duties of the Consultant
The consultant will:
- Operate from own office other than in exceptional situations and provide own manpower, work facilities, equipment, stationery, supplies, and all operational requirements to carry out the assignment and provide the services required;
- Deliver high-quality service within the agreed timelines.
- Liaise with the Engagement Director on a regular basis to report progress, and report any issues and/or concerns that may affect the performance of the consultancy in the course of the assignment
You must be logged in to post a comment.