Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Opportunity
This position provides you with the opportunity to work directly with our entrepreneur clients in Inkomoko communities. As a member of the Business Growth Services team this role will contribute to the direct impact of Kenyan micro and small entrepreneurs to create thriving communities.
Inkomoko seeks highly talented and experienced Business Development Advisors to coordinate and work directly with our entrepreneur clients in Nairobi.
The position holder will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Business Development Manager. Specifically, the positions responsibilities include:
Business Development Support & Client Relationship Management (50% of time)
- Recruit idea-stage and existing micro and small businesses for the Inkomoko program
- Conduct business assessments to identify entrepreneurs’ needs and market opportunities
- Intake process of program entrepreneurs and conducting monthly site visits to assess business need and opportunities
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help clients meet their objectives for business growth.
- Advise entrepreneurs on financing and investment opportunities/challenges;
- Help entrepreneurs prepare for financing or investment opportunities (Investment and equity financing). Conduct ongoing site visits to provide real-time coaching to the Business Associates (BA) and clients on existing business challenges and opportunities
- Connect clients to other Inkomoko services, including access to finance, advocacy and market linkages.
- Keep up-to-date the clients’ business information in an accurate manner using the applicable project management tools.
- Manage the schedule and delivery of services throughout entrepreneur engagements;
- Regularly track and report on the progress of entrepreneur work and deliverables;
- Assist investment colleagues with investment applications, due diligence, and any other investment processes.
Training (30% time)
- Manage training for all incoming refugees and host entrepreneurs in the Business Growth Department
- Implement training as part of the ongoing classes scheduled for Inkomoko entrepreneurs
- Identify and enroll entrepreneurs to join INKOMOKO program
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods both in person and digital – iterating as needed
- Coordinate with the training team/BAs in organizing training logistics, field activities such as focus group activities, refresher training and training supplies ensuring all are within budget.
- Provide the training using Inkomoko training materials in Kiswahili, English & any additional language as required within the area of operation
- Draft training reports and update the online reports;
- Mobilize and follow up on entrepreneurs to ensure high attendance;
- Coordinate with the Senior trainer andTraining Support Associate for smooth logistics;
- Participate in capacity-building workshops on a range of topics related to business growth, including HR, accounting, finance, marketing, human-centered design, and innovation.
- Location activities coordination and administration (20% time)
- Develop a good relationship with all partners and local authorities in and near their work location
- Represent Inkomoko in all relevant location events and other partner stakeholder activities as guided
- Assist other Inkomoko staff with all location mobilizations & sensitizations
- Assist the MEL Department with surveys and data collection
- Support and coordinate with the MEL, training and admin teams on location activities
- Assist the Inkomoko Investment team to follow up with clients’ loan repayments
Communication & reporting (10%)
- Provide weekly and monthly program reports on time to the supervisors
- Communicate program details to host & refugee clients, as requested by Inkomoko
- Communicate to Inkomoko leadership about any gaps/challenge faced by clients during program implementation
- Represent Inkomoko as an ambassador, outreach to existing structures in the communities
- Perform any other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, resilience, a sense of humor, and imagination.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field
- 3+ years of work experience in business development services or applicable field
- Experience in relationship management skills, business planning, and coaching
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Show personal drive, initiative, and learning agility
- Must speak fluent English & Swahili; knowledge of other local languages is an added advantage
- Must be able to legally work in Kenya
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact on your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
Closing Date : 24th November 2023