Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are hiring a software developer to focus on dqlite, our distributed SQLite database which uses our own Raft library for establishing consensus and replication. Dqlite is available as a pure C library or through a Go package that we also maintain, and we intend to provide bindings for Python and other languages.
You will design and implement enhancements to the libraft, dqlite and go-dqlite components which we consume in MicroK8s, LXD and other projects. Work includes development in those pieces of software as well as responding to issues and user inquiries.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to have a meaningful impact on modern computing technologies. Canonical offers a fast-paced team environment and a career full of learning and development opportunities.
What you will do
- Design and implement features across dqlite
- Debug and fix issues encountered by your users
- Improve Jepsen tests, traditional HA database automated testing and stress tests
- Participate in our engineering process through code and architectural review
- Engage with the open source community and commercial partners
Valuable skills and experience
- Experience with distributed systems (preferably with Raft)
- Good C programming experience
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming and concurrency patterns a plus
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree