IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Automotive Technical Architect – Ubuntu and open source
We have created a role for an automotive technical architect with a passion for open source and precision engineering in safety-critical environments to lead our dedicated team working on automotive solutions. Our goal is to enable the automotive industry to leverage our open source portfolio. From the factory to the cloud by way of the car, we are committed to providing the most secure and advanced platform for automotive innovation. We already provide secure and reliable products to automotive partners. We want to make sure that our solutions are at the forefront of this constantly evolving industry, especially regarding safety certification.
This role is to lead the development of our products as they adapt to automotive specific requirements. You and your team of engineers will make sure our products and ways of working are automotive-grade and comply with industry standards such as ISO9001, ISO26262 ASIL (from B to D), ISO21434 UNECE R155 & R156, ASPICE, etc. while enhancing the delivery quality, security and developer experience. You will represent Canonical and Ubuntu in the automotive community and standards consortia. You will work closely with the Automotive Product Manager to define and execute a vision and roadmap for automotive at Canonical.
As an architect at Canonical your primary responsibility is to lead design decisions in our automotive product portfolio and to your team: helping them grow as engineers, do important and satisfying work, and have a great time while doing it. Technical leadership experience and a background in software engineering are necessary prerequisites for this role. You will be expected to lead, challenge, and develop strong engineers, positively influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- Work with Product Management to define the vision and strategy for automotive at Canonical
- Define and execute an engineering roadmap for the automotive team at Canonical
- Represent Ubuntu and Canonical in the automotive community, in front of customers, partners and consortia
- Coordinate, guide, and oversee the engineering work of your team
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Develop skills through coaching, feedback and hands-on technical leadership
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Work from home with international travel twice a year, up to two weeks at a time, for company events
Who you are
- You have a strong software engineering, Linux, and open source background
- You have in-depth knowledge in Linux packages and embedded development
- You have experience in C/C++ and Python programming
- You have practical experience in automotive, including functional safety, embedded systems, cloud and related software trends
- You have experience leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers
- You have a track record of timely delivery and high quality software
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing it
- You have experience working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.