Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
We are hiring a junior Golang software engineer to help with the development of additional services to bring LXD’s scalability to the next level. We are looking for developers with experience in REST API design/implementation and a good background in database design and data management/modelling.
The LXD team is responsible for the design, development and evolution of LXD, a modern system container and virtual machine manager that is widely used on Ubuntu, ChromeOS and other Linux platforms. LXD components span the entire software stack from low-level kernel features to the upper level management REST API and CLI.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to have a meaningful impact on modern cloud computing technologies. Canonical offers a fun, fast-paced team environment and a career full of learning and development.
What you will do
- Design, implement and document REST APIs inside a Go codebase
- Model data, design database schemas and implement data storage in a dqlite (SQL) database
- Integrate with external REST APIs and other external services (logging, monitoring, …)
- Maintain code quality through static analysis, unit and system tests
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks/year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You are curious, flexible, articulate and accountable
- You value soft skills and are enterprising, thoughtful and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have experience programming in Go
- You have experience in designing or implementing REST APIs
- You have database and data modelling experience
- You have experience with two or more of: cloud computing, virtualization, containers, distributed systems, open source community
You must be logged in to post a comment.