Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
What you’ll do
- Collaborate regularly and proactively with a globally distributed team
- Work closely with external silicon, cloud, or hardware manufacturer delivery teams on bleeding edge platforms
- Diagnose and resolve issues in the kernel reported by customers and the community
- Take personal responsibility for the delivery of various flavors of the Ubuntu Linux kernel
- Improve tooling and automation for delivery and test of Ubuntu Linux kernels
- Submit, review, and apply kernel patches, working with both internal and external upstream maintainers
Who you are
- Well-organized, self-starting and able to deliver to fixed schedules
- Demonstrated ability to present oneself in a professional manner when interacting with colleagues, business partners, and the open source community
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Earned a bachelor’s (or equivalent university level) degree, preferably in a technology field
- Significant programming experience in C, with Python and Bash scripting also highly regarded
- Solid background with git
- Broad knowledge of the Linux kernel and kernel subsystems
- Demonstrated experience with kernel patching and debugging
- Knowledge/experience with Linux kernel upstream processes and release cycle
- Strong grasp of device drivers, BSP’s, and other low level system engineering
- Prior experience with Ubuntu/Debian/Snap packaging would be highly regarded
You must be logged in to post a comment.