Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
What you will do:
- Design and deliver web-based systems and SAAS
- Provide new insights into the Canonical workplace experience
- Enable new processes and improve existing workflows
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high-quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high-quality code to fix them
- Consistently provide high-quality code reviews to other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Estimate work, set goals and meet them
- Write project specifications, and epics and understand the risks
- Understand completion criteria and push work to completion
- Coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to more junior members of the team, while always developing yourself
- Connect to many data sources and provide insightful visualizations
- Database design and architecture for connected systems
- Developing new and improved working practices for the company
- Providing tooling to support optimized processes
- Love what you do.
Who you are
To be successful in this team you must be an expert in two or more of the following:
- Backend web service programming in Python and Node.JS
- Data analytics and statistical analysis
- Natural language processing, sentiment analysis, machine learning
- Data visualization
The ideal candidate will use their passion for experimentation and analytics to build tomorrow’s tech organization. This team will help us gain insights into the business and our talent pool, and use those insights to improve the experience of working at Canonical.
As a Senior Web Engineer at Canonical, you need an analytical, data-driven mind and a passion to connect and make sense of interesting data from APIs. We focus heavily on the collection of metrics, optimizing processes, and ways of working across Canonical. You need to demonstrate leadership, excellence, and consistency and will mentor others in the team.
- Remote first: 100% remote working with the opportunity to travel to Sprints. We meet a couple of times a year in interesting places all around the world to come together to collaborate. These Sprints see circa 300 people come together. This year we have travelled to Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Montreal and Prague!
- Personal development: Annual budget allowance and time to focus on areas you want to improve.
- Compensation: eligibility for annual pay review including bonuses.
- Recognition: The ability to possibly be rewarded and recognized by others for the work you do.
- Travel: Priority Pass for lounge access when flying to sprints. International SOS membership to support you whilst travelling.
You must be logged in to post a comment.