Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
As an engineering manager at Canonical you must be technically strong, but your responsibility is to run an effective team and develop the colleagues you manage. You are expected to help them grow as engineers, do important work, do it outstandingly well, find professional and personal satisfaction, and work well with colleagues and community. Technical leadership experience and a background in software engineering are necessary prerequisites for this role. You will be expected to lead, challenge, and develop strong engineers, positively influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of remote engineers
- Develop talent through coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices
- Participate in the engineering process through code and architectural review
- Engage with teams at Canonical, the open source community and partners
- Work from home with global travel for 4 to 6 weeks per year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You understand modern Linux cloud computing technologies, including networking, storage, containers and K8s
- You love developing and growing people and have a strong track record of doing it
- You are focused on success and the delivery of timely, high quality software
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- You have experience programming in C and/or Go.
You must be logged in to post a comment.