Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
- To monitor and control Portfolio Asset Quality in the Bank and to offer support to sustain the good book in liaison with the other head office units and branch teams while ascertaining that the Bank’s interests are fully secured through compliance to the lending policy and CBK guidelines.
- To ensure implementation of arrears management processes and assist the bank in full compliance to the bank’s credit and local regulatory requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Monitoring of Loan Portfolio quality
- Coordinating arrears collection within the department and Branches
- Monitoring Loan repayments to ensure PAR remains within the recommended 3%
- Collection of written off loans
- Issuance of Arrears notices and Demand notices.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly Loan Monitoring Reports
- Monitor and control Credit Portfolio throughout the Bank to ensure that the Asset Quality is maintained and improved (PAR, Migration & Vintage) to within acceptable thresholds.
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategies to ensure that the accounts under watch category are upgraded to normal in line with CBK regulations and Bank policy.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies, regulatory requirements and best practice in the monitoring and control process with a view to minimizing Credit Risk.
- Support review, from time to time, of Credit policies and processes governing lending in the Bank.
- Ensure review of Portfolio Returns submitted by Branches for appropriate action.
- Tracking of credit audit action plans.
- Co-ordinate regular customer visits to check on compliance, remedial management and offer appropriate interventions
- Proactive oversight on debt collection exercise, waivers of arrears & restructuring, re-classification, re-establishment/re-opening of new contracts, and write offs within the delegated limits and /or escalate for decision.
- Responsible for performance of credit administration staff and recommendations of consequence management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- 3 years working experience in Portfolio Management/Debt recovery in a banking environment
- Professional banking qualifications (AKIB) will be added advantage Master’s degree in business-related field will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of lending products and prudential guidelines.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver business results.
- Must be self-driven; possess excellent administrative, communication and interpersonal skills, strong organization, and negotiation skills.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to:
Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying
Closing date for application 30th September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.