Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Reports To: Head of Office – Marsabit
Length of Contract: 18 months (up to September 2024)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS, representing a consortium of international non-governmental organizations, local implementing partners and research institutions, is implementing a 5-year Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The overarching goal of this multi- sectoral activity is to sustainably reduce levels of acute malnutrition in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs), focusing on Isiolo and Marsabit counties. The activity will be implemented in two phases:
- Phase I (1.5-2 years) Research, test approaches and collaboratively design a context-sensitive, multi-sectoral activity that sustainably reduces acute malnutrition.
- Phase II (3- 3.5 years): Activity Implementation and System and Institutional Strengthening
The Administration Officer will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative and procurement services from the Nairobi office and support the Nawiri office staff and visitors through a variety of administrative tasks. The position will be responsible to ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability for all project procurement and purchasing activities and that high-quality service approach is integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions, including procurement.
- Help ensure administrative and procurement systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations, develop a procurement plan for the Nairobi office, coordinate the procurement within the sub offices or outside the county if necessary, ensuring the best value for money and adherence to CRS and donor regulations.
- Ensure the office is furnished and equipped to meet staff and operations
- Maintain correspondence and contact with CRS procurement team and timely follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Ensure a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
- Help ensure required authorizations and documents are up to date.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Support Nawiri team in completion of quarterly travel plans, ensuring synergies from team leads while planning for project movement within the counties.
- Adhere to CRS’ principles of confidentiality in relations to staff, partners, vendors and other stakeholders. Report to the management potential irregularities or any misbehavior that occurs
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion including gender equality.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Kiswahili.
Travel Required 10% of the time
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Project Drivers
Internal: COP, DCOP’s Operations and Programming, Head of Offices and Nairobi based operations staff.
External: Caritas, Consortium Partners, Vendors, Visitors
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative support functions. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Agency-wide REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability
- Acts with Integrity
- Builds and Maintains Trust
- Collaborates with Others
- Open to Learn
- Strategic Mindset
- Develops and Recognizes Others
- Leads Change
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Apply Before 03/31/2023, 02:59 AM
What we offer:
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS Kenya strives to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and work, stay, and do their best.
CRS provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition and any other status protected by law. As an equal opportunity employer, CRS will recruit, hire, train and promote persons solely on their qualifications and abilities.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
About the Team
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must be logged in to post a comment.