Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
As a Software Test Engineer, you will utilize your experience and technical expertise to make your mark in our software development’s life cycle. Relish the chance to create an impact in this key role where you will liaise with talented engineers and business experts. Your understanding of end to end testing life cycle will see you liaise seamlessly with a broad cross-section of colleagues, product owners and stakeholders, and contribute to process implementation improvements for advice delivery.
You will work closely with Software Engineers, DevOps, and Product Managers within existing product teams to deliver high-quality software releases.
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage.
- Develop new tests and tools for our core products, backend APIs and services, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to understand how new features should be tested and to contribute to automated tests for these new features.
- Collaborate with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- Identify, Share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability in collaboration with the wider Quality Engineering department. You should champion clean code and the concept of the test pyramid.
- Analyzing complex software systems and collaborating with others to improve the overall design, testability, and quality.
- Striving for the fastest feedback possible. Test parallelization should be a top priority. You see distributed systems as a core challenge of good test automation infrastructure.
- Configuring automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Tracking and communicating test results in a timely, effective, and automated manner
How you will be measured:
- Test Coverage: “How much of the application was tested?”
- Unit Test Coverage
- Test Automation Coverage
- Requirements Coverage
- Test Tracking & Efficiency
- Passed/Failed/Blocked Test Case percentage
- Fixed Defect Percentage
- Accepted/Rejected Defect percentage
- Defects deferred percentage
- Schedule variance
- Test Effort
- Test Design Efficiency
- Average time to Fix Bugs
- Other metrics
- Average CE/EE master end-to-end test suite execution duration per month
- Ratio of quarantine vs total end-to-end tests in master per month
- Successful vs failed CE/EE master pipelines per month
- New issue first triage SLO
- Quality Planning & Test Coverage
- Perform quality planning and improve test coverage in collaboration with other QA Engineers
- Help create test strategies and implement test automation for new and existing features.
- Identifies gaps in functional test automation, document missing coverage, and add new test automation to improve coverage.
- Test Stability & Triage
- Participate in test pipeline on-call rotation and ensure that pipeline failures are triaged, addressed, and communicated in a timely manner.
- Help un-quarantine flaky tests.
- Work with the counterpart group to address test failures due to bugs in code.
- Test Tooling
- Contribute to test stability in production and non-production environments.
- Contribute to new test framework tooling and provide feedback on new approaches proposed by the team.
- Improve deploy processes, and deployment scripts, and build pipelines in collaboration with other Software Engineers in Test.
- Test Environments
- Grow your knowledge of provisioning and setup tools like Omnibus, the Orchestrator, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, GCP, or AWS.
- Task Management & OKRs
- Owns tasks within an OKR.
- Regularly manage project schedules ensuring objectives are aligned with team/department goals.
- Exercises judgment and independently identifies the next steps.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Clearly document process and knowledge in collaboration with other team members.
- Domain-specific expertise
- Demonstrate domain-specific responsibilities within their assigned product group
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience that will count in your favor:
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver, Appium, and other automation tools.
- Working experience with Jira and Git.
- Experience in Linux operating systems.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities and multi-task.
- At least 3 – 5 years of automated testing experience.
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level or better.
- You’ve got a working knowledge of Docker.
- You’re interested in growing your knowledge and skills in Test Environment Provisioning and Configuring using technologies like Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, GCP, or AWS.
- You have experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab).
- Degree in Computer Science or any other relevant.
- Exceptional Communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent documentation skills and an aptitude to clearly communicate findings and results.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver work in a high-pressure environment.
- Show full commitment to continuous improvement of processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a high degree of literacy, numeracy, and accuracy
- Possess good problem-solving skills
- Proactive, highly motivated, and a strong team player with a positive attitude.
You must be logged in to post a comment.