IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
POSITION TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
DIRECT REPORTS: ADMIN AND LOGISTICS
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Operations Manager is a newly created position in response to the rapid growth of CIHEB Kenya programs and operations. We are looking for a detailed- oriented person with the ability to operationalize solutions, while working under pressure. This position is a key part of CIHEB Kenya team and oversees the organization’s daily operations and will manage the Administration, Offices, security, Motor Vehicles, safety, manage logistics team, inventory, insurances and compliance. This is a great opportunity for a team player, process oriented, and self-starter person who enjoys building systems from scratch.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee operations and logistics of CIHEB Kenya offices physical spaces including maintenance of the offices and Lease management.
- Develop and implement Operating standard procedures for CIHEB Kenya operations role.
- Procure, maintain, and organize all office space supplies to meet work demands of CIHEB Kenya offices staff in an environmentally green way.
- Manage internal controls and security system to reasonably ensure the safeguarding of all CIHEB Kenya assets.
- Establish and maintain complete inventory and accountability of all organizational property and insurance coverage in coordination with the Finance Department. This includes Asset Management, asset tagging and disposal.
- Manage on-site and off-site storage.
- Conduct selection and maintenance of all office equipment. Ensure that all office copiers, and printers are ready for daily use.
- Ensure timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure (warehousing / fleet management / distribution / and equipment) and associated operating / management /monitoring systems.
- Review of policies, and processes across the organization to improve operational performance.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleet is in line with the organization’s standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure efficient coordination and timely delivery of supplies in support of all CIHEB Kenya departments.
- Ensure there is accurate record keeping for all stores transactions.
- Develop/review and oversee the implementation of Stores policies and procedures.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, insuring and distribution, and maintenance operations systems.
- Lead the evaluation of technology solutions, identify gaps, weaknesses, and areas for improvement. Design and implement in-house solutions and/or with external vendors. Implement systems improvements across all departments and set up relevant tools, processes, and automations.
- With the support of the FAD, assess current systems to ensure productivity, improve system design and planning for new systems as needed.
- Review relevant reports and recommendations for system improvement, and develop implementation plans to ensure those recommendations are implemented successfully and sustainably.
- Ensure management of all office service providers including cleaners, security, Garages, and all office bills.
- Keep CIHEB Kenya security and safety plan up to date.
- Ensure all staff are fully briefed on and responsive to all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behavior.
- Liaise with the contracted security company to ensure compliance with security guidelines and their effective application.
- Develop a warden system to be activated in times of crisis for both staff and beneficiaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or accounting.
- Master’s in Business Administration or related field is a MUST
- A certified professional qualification.
- ERP workflow knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for staff direct reports.
- Prior experience of at least 5-10 years working in operations with a strength in logistics/supply chain/ function.
- Policy driven mindset and ability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of logistics, administration and asset management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Capacity to liaise between and understand competing demands and constraints of programs, administration, and operational teams.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 28th November 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “JOB TITLE” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted