Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
POSITION TITLE: Qualitative Data Analyst
REPORTING TO: Program Director
The main purpose of the Qualitative Data Analyst is to support CIHEB-Kenya’s TRACK program, in its ongoing research analysis obtained from a variety of sources in several counties in Kenya and data collected in the field by program researchers. This position requires the ability to analyze data from conceptualization through presentation. It requires proficiency with analytical tools (NVivo), knowledge of qualitative data analysis methodology, strong communication skills, and a strong commitment to delivering the highest level of information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a thematic codebook for generating themes and sub-themes in line with the objectives of the analysis. This will involve producing summaries, abstracts, and coding.
- Develop coding notes from the Key Informant Interviews (KIIs), and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs).
- Carry out a detailed analysis of the qualitative data collected using NVivo.
- Develop a qualitative analysis report that includes a description of results in terms of themes and sub-themes, including but not limited to quotations, examining relationships and patterns between categories and themes, discussion of results, and annex for the final codebook.
- Contribute to the writing of qualitative methods sections for reports or other publications.
- Conduct data quality assurance
- Work with the evaluation team to identify appropriate analytical methods to conduct qualitative analyses accordingly.
- Perform other related work as needed.
Experience and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or equivalent
- Proficiency with NVivo for data management and analysis.
- At least four years of experience in qualitative data analysis using content analysis, including the application of conceptual frameworks, codebook development, and coding.
- Experience performing rapid qualitative analysis.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience in producing high-quality reports on outcomes of qualitative analysis.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience working on health and/or social science research projects.
- Understanding of basic concepts of confidentiality and data security.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 3rd February 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “Qualitative Data Analyst” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.