Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
POSITION TITLE: TRANSLATORS
REPORTING TO: PROJECT COORDINATOR
JOB LOCATION: NAIROBI
The Linguists will support the back translation of verbatim transcripts from the various vernacular language to English. Responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from one language to another.
|Translation||Number of Translators Required||Period of Contract|
|Swahili to English||5||1 Month|
|Luo to English||4||1 Month|
|Teso to English||2||1 Month|
|Kisii to English||1||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proofread the assigned verbatim transcripts to understand and ensure that they are all in English
- Convert transcripts from one language into English
- Uphold data quality procedures
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Fluent in the relevant language (native level), both written and spoken, fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Computer knowledge is required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to speak, write, type and translate to and from English/the assigned language
- Personal and professional integrity is required.
- Diploma/Degree in public health or social science discipline
- Knowledge of immunization terminology preferred
- Trustworthy to handle confidential matters/information
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 27th January 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “TRANSLATORS “on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.