Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Overall job function:
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the holder of the position shall be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the CHS Communications Strategy, promoting the NGO’s mission, programs, innovations and initiatives to various key stakeholders including donors, partners, media, public and staff at all levels.
- The Communications Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the creative and continuous implementation of the CHS strategic plan (2021 – 2025) and lead the execution of the Social Impact goal in the CHS strategic plan.
- Implement the CHS communication strategy, policies and procedures: Design and execute creative strategies/plans to support the realisation of strategic goals, ensuring consistency across all communication channels. Develop approaches to manage the growth of the CHS brand at county, national, regional and international levels.
- Brand Management: Maintain and enhance the NGO’s brand identity and reputation through effective messaging and visual representation. Ensure all communication materials, both print and digital, adhere to brand guidelines and are tailored to attract and retain the attention of the various CHS audiences.
- Content Creation and Dissemination: Oversee the development of regular communication materials to all stakeholders, including but not limited to newsletters, annual reports, website updates, policy briefs, position statements, brochures, flyers, pamphlets, infographics, videos and other multimedia materials.
- Digital Engagement and Management: Develop engaging and relevant content to attract and engage target audiences to ensure consistent online presence, including website content, social media posts, subscriber engagement and online campaigns.
- External Communication: Develop and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers to secure media coverage for CHS initiatives, create demand and awareness of the focus diseases that CHS is involved in. Draft press releases, news articles, and other media materials to communicate key messages effectively.
- Internal Communication: Support the creative dissemination of timely, accurate and consistent information to foster a culture of collaboration and knowledge of CHS activities for all. Support CHS teams in the development of key messaging for resource mobilisation and program activities Build the capacity of staff in basic interpersonal, public relations, communication and client-relationship management skills.
- Event Management: Plan, coordinate and promote CHS-led activities and ensure effective communication before, during, and after the events to maximize participation and impact.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, partners, government agencies, and community organizations. Collaborate with program managers to ensure effective communication with project partners and beneficiaries.
- Advise management on key public relations issues.
- Performance Measurement: Establish metrics and analytics to assess the impact of communication efforts. Monitor and report on key performance indicators to guide future strategies and demonstrate the value of communication initiatives
- Perform any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and skills required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media Studies, Journalism or their equivalent from a recognised University. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism for candidates with a non-journalism degree.
- Proven experience (7) years working in communications or public relations, preferably in the healthcare or non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in digital marketing, including social media management, content creation, and SEO
- Is a member of a relevant professional body such as the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences and platforms
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Familiarity with health issues, global health policies, and the non-profit landscape is desirable
- Proficiency in using communication tools, content management systems, and analytics platforms including MS Office and desktop publishing software particularly Adobe Creative Suite and web content management systems
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editorial and proposal writing skills with the ability to improve written content paying attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Excellent photography and videography skills.
- Experience in documentation of project impact through news articles, feature success stories, photographs and documentaries.
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria indicated are invited to email their applications and detailed CVs with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and its reference number as the subject line by 5.00 PM on or before Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
You must be logged in to post a comment.