IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
The Senior Accountant will be accounting operations and reporting for Centum Investment Company Plc including transactions processing, preparation of budgets and forecasts, Treasury management, GL maintenance, statutory reporting and compliance.
1. Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare annual budgets for Centum Investment Company Plc and the Group budget;
- Prepare monthly forecasts for the company and quarterly consolidated forecasts for the Group, with accompanying analysis and commentary of the forecasts against budgets, strategy, and prior year; and
- Assist in the adhoc financial analysis and preparation of technical papers as and when requested
2. Treasury Management
- Regular assessment of liquidity needs and ensure accounts are funded to meet obligations;
- Accurate and timely preparation of short- and medium-term cash flow forecasts including analysis of bank balances and preparation of the weekly and ad hoc cash position reports;
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations for the Marketable Securities Portfolio; and
- Liaising with bankers on the operation of the Company’s bank accounts.
3. Finance Operations
- Accounting System Assurance: Ensure that all reports are extracted from the accounting and supporting systems. Lead customization and integration efforts to make accounting and supporting systems fit for purpose in relation to the business needs. Address all system issues with the service providers;
- Procurement: Ensure that all procurement is done as per the procurement policy;
- Tax filing: Monthly filing and payment of VAT and Withholding tax;
- General ledger maintenance: Ensure proper accounting and posting of transactions in accordance with accounting rules;
- Transactions processing: Review and approval of transactions booked in the accounting system based on supporting documentation and Processing of payments per the procurement guidelines; and
- Fixed assets management; Maintain the fixed assets register and ensure additions and disposals are properly accounted for.
4. Statutory reporting
- Preparation of half-year and full-year company and consolidated financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS and applicable local regulations;
- Preparation of company and consolidated financial analysis and commentary for the Board;
- Support the external auditors during the statutory audit and ensure timely completion of the statutory audit process.
5. Financial and Management reporting
- Completion of monthly finance close procedures and reporting of financial results;
- Preparation of monthly performance reports for the Company and quarterly consolidated performance reports for the Group, with accompanying analysis and commentary of the performance against budgets, strategy, and prior year;
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and the necessary journal entry adjustments.
6. Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures;
- Work with the risk function to update the risk register on an ongoing basis;
- Provide information and support to the internal audit function; and
- Act on findings and recommendations of both the internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Chartered Accountant and a Member of ICPAK, ACCA or similar association
- 4 years of audit or accounting experience.
- Big 4 audit experience is an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Accounting Standards (IAS) and tax regulations.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Centum Investment Company Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.