IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Centum Real Estate Limited is seeking a dedicated Collections Officer to collect amounts due or in arrears regularly.
We are seeking an ambitious, practical, no excuse, solution oriented, Collections Officer who seamlessly achieves cash collection targets. They will work and collaboratively with the Finance and Sales Teams, home buyers and financiers to ensure payments are made. Additionally, the Collections Officer is expected to be a pro-active entrepreneur who owns the commercial aspects of the business while maintaining high customer retention.
We operate in a fast-paced work environment where everything is due now or yesterday. This is a highly demanding role with the holder expected to make the impossible possible, accelerate the pace of cash collections, manage multiple clients, and work extended hours in a demanding high-performance environment while generating above target results consistently.
Our current pipeline consists of over 2,500 homes under construction with 1,050 homes set for completion in the next 6 months, with home buyers in various stages of payments as per their payment plans. Additionally Centum RE has partnered with banks to provide home purchase financing.
The Collections Officer is responsible for all aspects of managing payment collections, recovering arrears, and ensuring cash is collected as it falls due. The Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing practical plans to enhance cash flows, reduce arrears while constantly monitoring collections and maintaining a high level of customer retention within our real estate portfolios in Kenya and Uganda.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Collects cash by sending arrears reminders and statements to homebuyers with missed payments.
- Agrees on payment plan with respective home buyers and further introduce them to banks where Centum Real Estate has organized customer funding packages for mortgage and unsecured funding.
- Analyzes and monitors all receivable balances and proactively works to achieve weekly reduction in outstanding balances as per the agreed payment schedule.
- Prepares arrears cash collection targets for inclusion in weekly cash flow forecast. Coordinates weekly collections & credit control meetings.
- Prepares arrears reports regularly and keeps record of action taken complemented with constant follow-up with the home buyer.
- Follows up with the home buyer and the bank to ensure the customers complete the process by providing documentation to the bank or release the homes back to the market following non-payment by the buyer.
- Updates the Customer Relationship Management system with collections received and units that are offered back to the market following the lapse of payment timelines agreed upon with the home buyer.
- Manages the legal process for the recovery of debt, actively chases arrears accounts and takes the lead in reviewing the overdue customer accounts.
- Updates procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention.
- Complies with Data Protection laws in respect of all customer data.
Qualifications and experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or its equivalent whether fully/part qualified.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent in a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields from a recognized institution.
- The jobholder will have a demonstratable record of accomplishment and prior experience working within a busy and effective collections, credit control, or debt recovery function in a bank or real estate firm.
- Practical collections and debt recovery experience.
- In-depth knowledge of legal procedures to recover debts
- Good working knowledge of general ledger, credit monitoring and accounts receivable systems