IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
This role is responsible for managing all day-to-day onsite construction activities through planning, project budget development, implementation, and completion of projects under construction and new projects scheduled to commence construction.
Are you ambitious, practical, no excuse, solution oriented and get projects seamlessly done? We are looking for you!
You have an opportunity to build model Cities with Centum Real Estate, a fast-paced work environment where everything is due now or yesterday. You are expected to make the impossible possible, simplify the construction process, manage multiple projects, push the boundaries, explore, and implement new construction technologies, walk for prolonged period on site and work extended hours in a fast-paced high-performance environment while generating above target results consistently
We are seeking an ambitious, practical, solution oriented, Construction Project Manager who gets projects seamlessly done. They will work effectively and collaboratively with our contractors, suppliers, and professional teams to complete high quality projects ahead of schedule and below budget. Additionally, the Construction Project Manager is expected to be a pro-active entrepreneur who owns both the commercial and technical aspects of the project.
In this role, the Construction Project Manager works closely with a team of internal and external engineers, architects, sub-contractors, and contractors to ensure completion of multiple projects within time and budget in a rapidly changing construction environment.
The successful candidate will cover the following aspects within our real estate portfolio in Kenya and Uganda.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Early-stage involvement in development of the projects with the majority role concentrating on construction cost input, project budget input, procurement plan and project construction timelines.
- In coordination with the project team, develop the project plans, programs and share commentary on the building design, identify cost savings measures and provide solutions to probable construction challenges.
- Evaluate and recommend latest construction technology that will reduce construction timeline.
- Pro-actively generate a schedule of rates on each construction item and develop a procurement plan including negotiations with contractors to achieve the project budget cost within the business case.
- Review current and new projects under construction, then establish a clear project program and milestones to monitor and report progress while ensuring the projects are completed on time, budget and to a high quality.
- Conduct regular site inspection meetings with the design team, sub-contractors, and contractors to review among others resources / labor projections vis-à-vis the project schedule, materials lead time and required on-site date, samples approvals, performance issues on and off site, quality concerns, among others.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control. Additionally implement quality review, monitor contractor corrective actions, and ensure the project quality adheres to the specifications and customer expectations.
- Promptly resolve construction challenges / problems in coordination with the architects, engineers, sub-contractors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Monitor site safety, ensure a safe work site and compliance with the occupational Health and Safety standards are enforced.
- Obtain Centum RE acceptance of the work, prepare and submit the final project report, snag list and closeout with the sub-contractors and contractor
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture/Building Sciences, Engineering
- Project Management Qualification – Prince II (minimum).
- PMP, added advantage
- Master’s degree in a relevant numerate subject such as Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or equivalent is an added advantage
- 3-5 years of relevant post professional qualification experience.
- The jobholder will have a demonstratable record of accomplishment and prior experience working within commercial construction industry undertaking multiple large scale projects.
- In depth Knowledge of construction, project management, engineering, procurement, contracts, industry standards and other project-related activities.
- Awareness of the trends influencing construction in the global market.