Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
- Test food products and non-food products and any other items which require analysis in accordance with standard operating procedures, techniques, national, international and industry standards or client’s guidelines.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with the laboratory’s QA/QC system with an emphasis on ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ensure cGLP compliance where applicable.
- Adhere to health and safety measures regarding general hygiene, sample testing, sample retention, disposal/destruction.
- Responsible for carrying out chemical and physical analysis on food/agricultural products and non-food products.
- Always employ fit for purpose test methods, standards and techniques and always apply them consistently in all analysis carried out.
- Responsible for housekeeping in the laboratory and ensuring that work is carried out in a clean and safe environment.
- To ensure that raw data of analyses carried out clearly supports results obtained prior to subsequent approvals.
- Keep abreast with all the latest developments of analytical standards related to proximate and nutritional analysis technologies to continuously develop new methods and capabilities for validation and final adoption.
- Ensure that work records, samples and auxiliary documents are kept properly and organized in such manner as to be easy to retrieve and process.
- To ensure that process control form is strictly followed and fully completed throughout the analysis process
- Be knowledgeable of the scope of all processes under chemical laboratory.
- A Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science & Technology, Applied Chemistry, or equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- Two-years laboratory testing experience in a chemical or food laboratory.
- Good knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO 9001:2015, HSE standards and cGLP
- Have a working knowledge of applications used in wet chemistry, physical analysis and instrumentation analysis in food and feed testing scope.
- Significant exposure and experience on equipment such as Automatic Distillation Units, fiber analyzers, Soxhlet systems, UV/Visible Spectrophotometer, tintometers etc.
- Foster Innovation, embrace change, think strategically and translate the strategies into actions.
- Influence Externally and Internally and be able to deliver superior results.
- Have sound knowledge of laboratory work particularly test methods in food analysis.
- The incumbents will be involved in Laboratory analysis activities for the company. He/she will be involved in ensuring that all activities are carried out in compliance with the laboratory’s QA/QC system and more specifically ISO/IEC 17025:2017.