IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Energy Sector Gender, Equality, and Social Inclusion (GESI) Experts, Power Africa Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa
Chemonics International seeks Gender Equity and Social Inclusion experts with energy sector experience in East and Central Africa for the anticipated USAID-funded Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa program (EDEECA). The purpose of the program, part of the Power Africa initiative, is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in East and Central Africa to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation, and food security.
The potential objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
Specifically, Chemonics seeks expressions of interest from individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Household Energy Consumption
• Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Development
• Capacity Building Workshops
• Private and public sector workforce engagement
• On-grid and off-grid community engagement
• Sector-specific Gender Actions Plans
• Organizational Gender Audits
Energy Sector GESI Experts will support the project’s inclusion of women, youth, and marginalized groups in both employment activities and energy access. They will develop capacity building initiatives for target populations to improve energy consumption efficiency and provide expert support on energy inclusion strategies for marginalized communities.
- Advise project leadership on GESI inclusion across Sub-Saharan energy sector.
- Design inclusion strategies for the energy sector and lead inclusion activities across the project’s objectives
- Identify vulnerable communities impacted by energy poverty.
- Develop local and regional capacity building activities for women, youth, and marginalized groups in the energy sector.
- Liaise with public and private sector stakeholders to engage underrepresented demographics in employment opportunities within the energy sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of energy consumption behaviors in households across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Minimum five years’ experience implementing GESI initiatives on energy programs. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred.
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency in English or local languages required depending on work location.
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests.
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by December 24, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information:
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.