IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Utility Strengthening Experts, Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa
Chemonics International seeks technical experts with energy sector experience working with electrical utilities in East and Central Africa for the anticipated USAID-funded Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa program (EDEECA). The purpose of the program, part of the Power Africa initiative, is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in East and Central Africa to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation, and food security.
The potential objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
Specifically, Chemonics seeks expressions of interest from individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• On-grid business models.
• Electrical grid engineering and system design.
• Local utilities and IPPs.
• Utility reform and modernization.
• Policy and enabling environment development for on-grid development
Utility Strengthening Experts will maintain relationships and regular communications with local utilities across project target countries to increase new grid connections and enhance energy access to households. They will advise project leadership on the needs and regulatory environments of the project’s target countries. The Experts will also identify loss-reducing strategies across local utilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local utilities across East and Central Africa.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations regarding infrastructure development projects.
- Support engineering and design of on-grid systems to maximize energy efficiency and distribution.
- Provide regular reports to client and project leadership on utility relationships.
- Obtain buy-in from local utilities and IPPs to enhance access to energy across East and Central Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge utilities, IPPs, and public sector stakeholders across East and Central Africa in the energy industry.
- Minimum five years’ experience implementing energy programs. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred.
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency in English or local languages required depending on work location.
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests.
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by December 24, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information:
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.