Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
SI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) to provide oversight and management of this contract. The COP will travel to Somalia, as necessary, to manage the entire IDIQ and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. The COP will define and manage overall IDIQ and TO requirements, including staffing, cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the IDIQ and associated TOs. This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and reporting to both.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract and oversee all quality control and reporting.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and government officials.
- Lead the development of technical contract deliverables including the annual work plan.
- Support the operational and financial management of the project office based in Nairobi.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience managing multi-million-dollar development projects.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment; Somalia preferred.
- At least three years of experience as COP, or three years of experience of more senior roles such as, Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manger or similar leadership roles within a larger organization, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term project staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.·
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Somalia as necessary.
Please Note: Kenyan and Somali nationals are preferred.