Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Overview / Summary
The Child Accountability Specialist is embedded in a project team and is responsible to lead implementation of a BHA funded project geared towards accountability to children and inclusion of adolescent girls with intellectual disabilities in humanitarian action.. They work collaboratively with Child Protection, Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Inclusion colleagues in the Violence Prevention and Response Technical Unit and the Client Responsiveness team (Measurement Unit) to identify technical approaches towards accountability to children develop practical tools to strengthen the capacity of humanitarian actors to integrate accountability to children and participation in their AAP systems and hence, institutionalise Client-Centred Programming and promote Client Responsiveness goals for men and women, boys and girls and integrate disability inclusion .
Lead implementation of the “Inclusive and Accountable” two-year BHA project
- Ensure the planning and the management of the Inclusive and Accountable project and be responsible for the of the successful delivery project.
- Ensure smooth management and integration of project work plans and budgets (budget forecasting, development of spending plans and budget follow-up), timely recruitment, and accurate reporting.
- Support project research study and lead development practical modules on child accountability and participation.
- Coordinate the logistic and administrative organization of the project activities and workshops and events
- Lead in-country workshops with children and youth-led organizations
- Organize and oversee the monitoring for the project as per the M&E plan, AAP plan and indicators specified in the technical narrative (incl. tools for data collection, indicator tracking, and analysis)
- Lead on coordination and liaison with Client Responsiveness team, internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely high-quality reporting to BHA throughout project implementation and close out
- Develop and submit project activity and donors’ reports in a timely manner.
- Manage consultancies associated with project deliverables
Coordinate internal and external communication and uptake of project findings and products
- Actively represent IRC in the Accountability advisory group of the Alliance including co-leading specific tasks
- Convene and facilitate the Project Advisory Committee meetings, with specific focus on the child-led/youth-led organizations from protection and non-protection sectors.
- Regularly communicate with internal and external project stakeholders.Develop communication briefs, updates and learnings to internal and external dissemination.
- Facilitate the dissemination of the products and learning generated through this project through inter-agency networks and national and international organizations.
- Collect and share learning from country programs in the form of case studies, reports, briefing notes and blogs.
Key Working Relationships
- The Child Accountability Specialist -Children reports into VPRU Snr. CP Technical Advisor and works closely with the Client Responsiveness team, Child Protection technical advisor, Child Protection Researcher, Snr Senior Adolescent Girls Specialist and Inclusion adviser.
- Internally, the post holder works closely with BHA project team, VPRU and Measurement Unit and Country Programs that participate in project implementation
- Externally, the post holder will represent IRC in the Accountability to children advisory group of the Alliance, AAP networks, and develop strategic relationships with peer agencies working on related thematic areas, child/youth led organisations, inclusion actors, specialist think tanks and consultancies, and relevant network bodies.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience designing, implementing and supporting Accountability to children in humanitarian action or Accountability to Affected Population within Humanitarian and/or Development programs with child protection actors
- A proven track record with at least 3 years of experience working in developing, fragile and conflict affected countries with Children
- Prior experience providing technical advisory support and trainings, remote and face to face
- Experience working with local organisations and child/youth led organisations
- Experience in working across sectors or disciplines
- Experience with participatory approached, data management, visualization and interpretation is a strong asset
Key Technical Skills
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, presentation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in program design, monitoring and evaluation and program adaptation
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work within a team with a track record of collaborating across disciplines;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Active listening skills and ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and contexts;
- Education: Master’s/post-graduate degree in public administration, public policy, political science, international development, economics, statistics or other relevant field.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English is required, working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish is strongly preferred.
Preferred experience & skills:
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CommCare and PowerBI is an asset
- Understanding of gender equality, gender-based violence, working with adolescent girls and inclusion concepts is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.