Child Fund International
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage financial management relationships between ChildFund and the Implementing partners in the assigned area of jurisdiction.
- Support budget management, reviews, and implementation by Implementing partners
- Assess financial management capacity of Implementing partners with a view to identifying the gaps and advising management to take appropriate action.
- Promote improvement in accounting skills amongst Implementing partners and management committees through relevant training and capacity building initiatives .
- Assist in the development of and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Implementing partner accounts are accurate and can be relied upon for management purposes as well as the financial statements therein meet relevant statutory requirements.
- Review all Partner annual and quarterly budgets including preparation and sharing of BVAs.
- Ensure timely submission of reports by the projects, review and provide feedback.
- Review monthly reports from the implementing Partners and facilitate timely disbursement of funds.
- Support audits of Implementing partner organizations, support the audit process (review draft accounts, facilitate closure of audit findings).
- Review and consolidate partners financial reports.
- Respond to inquiries from Implementing partners in a timely manner.
- Develop and update Implementing partners reporting tools.
- NSP financial management support: Follow-up NSP funds disbursement, support financial management, review submitted accountabilities, ensure accurate upload of financial data into efin, and follow-up and close outstanding advances.
- Actively participate in Implementing Partners’ performance reviews, joint monitoring visits and capacity building of staff.
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or related discipline
- CPA II as minimum requirement.
- Experience in financial management and understanding of various donor requirements.
- 5 years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar NGO.
- A good understanding of financial reporting under local conditions
- Team player with excellent training facilitation skills
- Innovative with ability to analyze issues and provide practical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- High personal Integrity with the ability to promote the highest standards of accountability.
- Skilled at the evaluation of partner financial data, internal control environment and make recommendation for their improvement.
- Extensive computer proficiency in MS Office applications with a good command of excel.
- Proficiency in a relevant accounting package
You must be logged in to post a comment.