Child Fund International
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Establishes an atmosphere of responsibility for the mission of the organization and accountability to the stakeholders; establishes clear expectations by which staff and partners are measured; responsible for all personnel management duties for area staff.
- Selects or identifies areas of intervention and develops long-term programs in participatory mode relevant to the area.
- Collaborate with local partners on the implementation of programs and sponsorship activities in the assigned area; ensures that monitoring & evaluation, continuous improvement, and technical assistance is an integral part of the implementation; ensure the Area Strategic Plan is developed according to organizational policies and procedures, the Strategic Plan of the Country Office and is based on the best practices of community planning.
- Oversee implementation of grant-funded projects in the program area; manage and supervise grants staff who are responsible for the implementation of grant-funded projects; review grants reports and closely work with the grants manager to address donor queries.
- Ensure all grants-funded project requests are reviewed and approved by the grants unit prior to implementation and are within the approved budget and activities.
- Builds positive and productive relations with local partners, communities, enrolled families, and authorities at all levels. Raises awareness of the organization as a leader of child development and a leader of children’s issues; ensures clear communication channels between stakeholders and staff.
- Represents the organization in forums to promote program approaches while ensuring the convergence of resources.
- Responsible for providing technical support to Local partners in order to expand program impact at a regional level and create new & ongoing funding streams to finance additional services to enrolled families and children.
- Builds and manages relationships with government, foundations, corporations, local authorities and the general public to optimize marketing and funding.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and oversight in the development and management of plans and budgets and reporting.
- Supervise and coordinate Country office sponsorship functions; provide support & training to local partners on sponsorship requirements in conjunction with the sponsor relations staff and ensure the LP consistently meets sponsorship standards.
- Provides capacity-building opportunities to local partners; ensures that partners are accountable and compliant with organizational policies/procedures and local laws/regulations.
- Identifies and manages technical resource agencies for implementation of programs; manages partners on allocation of resources to execute program activities in accordance with the Letter of Agreement( AOP).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience with managing development programs, preferably in a technical area, community development and/or child-focused programming
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in such areas as project, budget, and resource management.
- Demonstration of knowledge of program design; grant acquisition and management; providing oversight and accountability grant-funded programs; resource stewardship, and cross-functional coordination
- Computer proficiency in general office software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience in resource mobilization, coordination and negotiation, and social policy.
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required in a relevant discipline such as Development Studies, Project management, Economics, Business Management, Agriculture, Education etc
- A postgraduate certificate or diploma in project planning, community development, or related studies will be an added advantage.
- ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
You must be logged in to post a comment.