Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)is a leading national Faith Based Organisation (FBO) of Protestant churches’ health facilities and programmes from all over Kenya. Established in 1946, CHAK has the goal of promoting access to quality health care. CHAK is seeking to recruit a self driven and competent personnel for the position of Business Development Officer. The job holder is responsible for leading CHAK’s efforts in new business/proposals development towards achieving a financially sustainable organization with the compliment of required resources and programmes.
- Take lead on identifying funding opportunities by scanning the environment to identify opportunities available through advance intelligence gathering, partner relations and other available resources to provide prospective funding analysis on a regular basis.
- Coordinate funding proposal writing processes by creating an in-house matrix to facilitate pre-solicitation, proposal development and preparation.
- Provide oversight in development of a sustainability strategy for fund generation and resource mobilization.
- Develop a resource mobilization workplan and continuously follow up the implementation progress as well as regularly support the organization to review/assess opportunities through funding briefs.
- Build and maintain relationships with key donor contacts.
- Maintain on-going communication with potential partners and other key stakeholder to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Represent CHAK at relevant meetings and events within resource mobilization or donor specific peer networks.
- Coordinate processing of agreements related to funding opportunities to ensure effective and timely follow up, submission and grant renewal process.
- Maintain up to date fundraising and resource mobilization records to facilitate monitoring of approved funding levels and stage of opportunity review.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Economics, Social Science, International Development, or related discipline
Experience: – At least 8 years’ work experience with 5 years’ experience in proposal development, resource mobilization and/or partnership development in an NGO setting.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good capacity for relationship building
- Demonstrable international development and program/project management capacity
- Demonstrable excellent proposal writing skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Good listening and analytical skills
- Demonstrable resource mobilization and proposal development skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Computer literacy
How to apply
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of relevant academic & professional certificates should be submitted through the following contacts; firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
The closing date for receiving all applications is 25th August 2022.
(Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview)
*Disclaimer: CHAK does neither charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process**