IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Reports To: Admin Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 5, Officer, National
This position is primarily responsible for carrying out the purchasing and procurement functions of supplies, equipment and services. It ensures procurement of high-quality and cost efficient supplies, equipment and services. The position is also responsible for maintaining purchasing records and facilitating accurate documentation to Finance.
This position reports directly to the Senior Procurement Officer.
- Manages the supply chain function at CWS which includes procurement of goods and services in a cost-effective, timely and transparent manner in line with CWS Polices, Co-operative Agreement and 2 CFR 200
- Ensures all approved quotations are captured in SAGE and approved LPOs sent to the vendors
- Reviews invoices and ensures complete documentation (GRN, Invoice, Delivery Note, LPO) and submits to finance for payment
- Manages the flow of complete procurement documents between the departments
- Assists in conducting market research to capture the current cost, evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Tracks vendor invoices and utilities on the procurement excel spread sheet
- Prepares VAT and DUTY exemptions for Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kenya Revenue Authority in IPMIS system
- Regularly updates the Note Verbal excel sheet
- Participates in budget preparation by researching cost estimates of proposed items
- Analyzes incoming bids by coming up with a comprehensive analysis on the requirements of the bid for review by the committee meetings
- Prepares the Request for proposal (RFP) reports for tender committee review
- Completes vendor forms and updates the scans and the vendor list on the fileserver
- Ensures reconciliations for vendors by comparing invoices and payments
- Participates in developing, facilitating, implementing, monitor and reviewing procurement plans
- Responsible for managing all updated procurement contracts, coordinate and monitor the supply chain function to ensure compliance with procurement policies and practices and donor requirements
- Liaises with vendors to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate vendor performance and responsiveness
- Coordinates and facilitates the vendor pre-qualification process
- Ensures procurement records are accurate, up to date and in compliance with donor policies
- In coordination with other departments establishes detailed requirements for office supplies, equipment and other goods and services required
- Tracks orders to ensure timely deliveries
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all members of staff, and contactors both within and outside CWS Africa
- Performs any other duties as assigned to improve the operations of CWS Africa
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field required
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management is preferred
- Membership of a professional body such as KISM, CIPS e.t.c required
- Five (5) years’ experience in procurement or with similar administrative responsibilities
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Working knowledge of SAGE and 2 CFR 200
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills
The Procurement Officer must have the ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- take initiative;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) required before the start of employment. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviours include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution. Operational Leadership
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfilment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviours include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.