IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Position Title: Program Monitor
Reports To: MEAL Specialist
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 5, Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Primary Purpose: The program monitor develops and administers plans to ensure that the RSC Program complies with established rules, regulations and policies. Serves as a subject matter expert on programs work. The program monitor also conducts first-hand observation of USRAP activities.
- Conducts on-site monitoring on the programmatic and technical aspects of the cooperative agreement
- Conducts interviews with onsite staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders about program administration, operations, quality of service and program outcomes
- Assesses quality of work processes and output via in-person observation, remote observation, and desk review of processes
- Reviews program data including beneficiary documentation, processing questionnaires and client case files to ensure adherence with donor requirements
- Advises programming leadership and senior management of findings
- Maintains a historical record of all notes/documents/records of monitoring trips
- Provides technical support as required
- Provides training and guidance on selected monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
- Contributes to the development and writing of M&E analysis report
- Participates in and contributes to additional duties as required
- Four (4) years total work experience required
- Demonstrated programme assessment experience preferred
- Previous quality assurance experience preferred
- Previous USRAP experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High attention to detail
- Additional language skills preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years’ experience in a similar field is required
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Any other special requirements