Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The bearer of the role shall assist in the execution of audits/assessments of controls and processes across CIC Insurance Group and its subsidiaries against leading practices, frameworks and common standards (e.g. Company policies and procedures, International Standards on Auditing, International Professional Practices Framework, International Financial Reporting Standards, Regulatory bodies such as the IRA, RBA, CMA, etc.).
S/He is also expected to participate in the preparation and implementation of annual work plans and budgets.
- Assist in operational, business performance, compliance and financial statement audits – including the execution of evaluation and design of controls by carrying out independent tests and assessments of compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations as per the approved annual work plans plus audit tasks assigned to other areas;
- Assist in monitoring and identifying areas of internal control weaknesses and non-compliance within procedures and provide sound and practical recommendations to management;
- Provide value adding recommendations and supporting in the creation of policies and the automation of procedures and processes to ensure an appropriate level of internal controls, standards of efficiency and compliance are maintained;
- Assist the ICT Auditors in performing risk assessments and proactively identifying risks on all new and existing ICT systems to improve internal controls and operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Assist in preparing internal audit reports – presenting clear, concise and timely internal audit working papers;
- Assist in reviewing implementation of previous audit findings and ensuring deliverables are on time and up to the expected standards;
- Contribute to developing and maintaining productive working relationships with the business; and
- Work effectively as a team member: providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members and management on progress.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, or any business related degree with strong quantitative focus
- Professional certification: CPA (K) or Chartered Accountant (ACCA qualified) or progressing towards qualification.
Skills and Attributes
- Technical flair – interest in IFRSs and other standards
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, presentation, report writing
- Critical thinking
- Ability to maintain highest levels of integrity and objectivity
- Willingness to learn and continuously expand technical and business skills in all areas
- Flexibility in mobility
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for. The application should reach us by close of business on 3rd February, 2023. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 2nd March, 2023 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.