IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
East Africa Cluster CHRO/Kenya CHRO
Job Req ID 22584697
The Country HR Officer (CHRO) is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Provides a broad range of HR consulting services to client groups within the organization for a country, including advice on staffing (senior and new talent acquisition), managing talent (assessment, development and redeployment), compensation processes, organization effectiveness (change management, leader effectiveness, performance management, coaching, organization design), employee engagement (communications, employee relations, facilitation of rewards and recognition, employee involvement) and change management to support constant transformation.
- Demonstrates and applies subject matter expertise of HR principles to lead resolution of key issues with impact on business segment and/or functional area.
- Consults leadership in leveraging resources to ensure efficient delivery and implementation of all HR strategies and plans.
- Partners with regional HR and business/functional leaders to assess and define the appropriate strategy, organization structure, and role design for business groups.
- Creates, implements, and develops measures the effectiveness of initiatives that promote organizational / leadership capability
- Demonstrates expert knowledge to the day-to-day activities of a product or process however will require input on more complex issues.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.