Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Cluster Chief Engineer
- Your leadership as Cluster Chief Engineer will inspire your team at Fairmont The Norfolk and Fairmont Mara Safari Club to be brand ambassadors, provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction. You will provide leadership and strategic planning to maintain the hotels’ facilities and equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment for our guests and Heartists.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Cluster General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee planning, development, coordination, implementation, and management of engineering activities and Hotel infrastructure and facilities of the hotels.
- Direct the Hotels’ Engineering Departments.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance, repairs and safety process with outside contracting companies.
- Manage and coordinate all engineering facilities and activities for the Hotels; manage engineering projects to ensure compliance with contract requirements, schedules, and engineering budgets.
- Direct and coordinate a staff of technicians engaged in the development, design, and planning of systems to increase the quality and efficiency of services provided.
- Approve plans, specifications, and design strategies submitted by design and/or engineering consultants; review and approve construction drawings for capital projects.
- Develop and establish engineering and construction policies, objectives, and systems consistent with the achievement of overall hotel goals, objectives, and strategic plans.
- Serve as a primary source of engineering expertise; provides high-level engineering consultation and systems design services, and oversees, coordinates, and monitors the quality of internal engineering consulting services provided to guests and associates.
- Direct engineering and construction project inspection programs and ensure contractor compliance with codes.
- Participate in the development of annual operating and capital budgets for the department.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Support the hotels’ Business Continuity, Emergency and Crisis Management Plans.
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the Engineering departments.
- Function as a key member of the Hotel Executive Committee and Leadership Team of the hotels.
- Ensure full compliance with Hotel operating controls.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 5 years previous luxury / upscale hotel experience in a related field (minimum 2 years as Chief Engineer of multi properties).
- Flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil engineering design principles as applicable to construction/renovation.
- Demonstrate ability to direct and manage both technical and administrative staff.
- Knowledge of state and local regulations, codes, protocols, and procedures pertinent to private-sector engineering and construction activities.
- Advanced skills in project planning and project management.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction records management principles and procedures.
- Clear working knowledge and understanding of capital and operating budgets and budgeting practices.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Proven team leader with outstanding motivational skills and coaching ability.
- Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while implementing innovative, profit-driven, guest satisfaction-oriented solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and guest relations skills, who is hands-on and system knowledgeable.