Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Cluster Pastry Chef
Your leadership as Cluster Pastry Chef will ensure the preparation and production of desserts, breads, and pastries. The cluster pastry chef will create, develop, and test new recipes and baking techniques while maintaining kitchen equipment, and using tools to create beautiful, elaborate desserts at the Norfolk and Mara Safari Club.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Cluster Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the team with training, coaching & modernizing our current dessert & bakery offering.
- Manage the pastry and bakery functions of the kitchen, including menu development, inventory, purchasing and cost control.
- Responsible for the day-to-day pastry operations.
- Support, lead & motivate all pastry & kitchen team.
- Innovate and create new features within the pastry departments.
- Create displays, showpieces and seasonal attractions.
- Responsible for managing the ordering of supplies and ensuring all the necessary ingredients are in the kitchen.
- Responsible for preparing the budget for the pastry kitchen section.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Responsible for determining how food should be presented and creating decorative food displays.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to Cluster Executive Chef immediately.
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavours.
- In conjunction with the Chief Steward, maintain the chine, glassware and silver inventories.
- Ensure that the Culinary managers utilize progressive corrective actions to correct, supervise and coach colleagues who need improved performance.
- Strive to achieve monthly labour and food cost budget.
- Minimize wastage/spoilage in all kitchen areas.
- Strive to ensure that projects are completed by assigned deadlines.
- Conduct spot checks of hotel suppliers and other companies that would like to supply the hotel.
- Conduct meetings with food suppliers, review products, prices, quality, delivery etc.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Pastry Chef in a 5-star luxury property
- Great and proven leadership skills
- Fine Dining and Banqueting experiences in a 5-star luxury property is a must
- Have a strong working knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating
- Ability to create great guest experiences with a beautiful, vast and extensive space
- Experience working in Europe or Asia is an asset
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labour and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Enthusiastic and with an outgoing personality who is very guest-driven
- Demonstrate a real passion for menu planning leadership
- Strong understanding of HACCP
- Accreditation from a recognized Culinary School