IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Reefer Sales Manager-East Africa Cluster
CMA CGM, founded in 1978 by Jacques R. SAADE, chairman and Chief Executive Officer, is the world’s 3rd largest container shipping company and ranked number 1 in France. Today operating a fleet of 410 vessels, the Group serves over 400 ports around the world.
With a presence in all the continents and in 160 countries through 400 offices, 750 warehouses, 130,000 employees and a wide fleet of 566 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates 257 shipping lines. CMA CGM employs 130000 people, including 4700 in France.
The group offers a complete range of activities including transport by sea, river and rail, handling facilities in port as well as logistics on land. With strong family values, the CMA CGM Group is dedicated to the growth of all its stakeholders. The Group own a diverse portfolio of brands and subsidiaries that take care of our customers and their cargo wherever they are in the world, door-to-door.
Main tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop new reefer markets within the cluster for both imports and exports
- Diversify reefer client portfolio and onboard new businesses within the cluster
- Identify and research for potential partnerships for the reefer business, be in depot, equipment, cold chain, or inland solutions
- Promote and sell non-maritime products (VAS, TBL and Cross-Sale)
- Formulate commercial strategies which will see CMA CGM reefer Market Share grows within the cluster
- Leads in the preparation of budgets and proposals for volumes, infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, and other resources within the area coverage of reefer business
- Responsible for creating long-term business strategies to improve revenue and cost reduction in the respective scope of coverage
- Expand perishables customer base and increase avocados, flowers, pineapples, and mangoes volumes
- Participate in market identification, create benchmark then guide DRO and HO in pricing structure
- Organize and attend different fairs and seminars within the cluster to enhance brand visibility for the product and segment
- Monitor and maximize weekly reefer plugs onboard all voyages
- Follow up and report on all operational challenges and report to DRO and HO
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in shipping, commerce, sales and marketing, supply chain or similar qualification
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Be familiar and constantly up to date with the latest global and regional maritime trade developments, changing market environments and competitors updates as far as perishable and reefer businesses are concerned
- Prepare annual budget and forecast for reefers within the region
- Reefer technical knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with MS Outlook, MS Project or other project and time management software applications.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, follow up, decision-making, problem-solving, team-building, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict-management and time-management skills.
Are you bold, imaginative and ready to take the initiative with integrity? For more than 40 years, we’ve been linking people, countries and professions to offer our customers an exceptional service, and now we’re pushing the boundaries to create the transport experience of tomorrow. Nurture your talent, become a leader at CMA CGM.