Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Internal Auditor REF: (IA/01/23)
Our client, a licensed Deposit Taking Sacco with an asset base of about Kes. 6 billion and headquartered in Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Internal Auditor.
S/He will be responsible for ensuring that all Sacco operations are in compliance with existing legislation and with Sacco Rules, Regulations, and Procedures. The position will have the overall responsibility to manage the Sacco’s Internal Audit function, providing an independent and objective appraisal of Sacco’s financial, operational, and internal control activities. The position will also provide recommendations for improving these controls and other aspects of the business.
- Formulating and implementing the internal audit strategy to evaluate the Sacco’s operating standards.
- Implement annual audit plan.
- Review the implementation of the company policies and procedures to assure compliance with policies and procedures, by-laws, and other laws.
- Design and execute internal audit functions in accordance with conventional audit guidelines and best practices.
- Develop and implement risk management framework, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Assessment of the Sacco’s risks, reliability, and integrity of financial and operating information, and compliance with operating policies and procedures.
- Liaise with external auditors to enhance efficiency & effectiveness.
- Preparing periodic audit reports for the Board.
- Conducting ad hoc and special audits of systems and financial transactions.
- Evaluating the financial and operational procedures of adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Advising the Board on audit, risk, and control issues.
- Reporting functionally to the audit committee and administratively to the C.E.O
Education and Professional Qualifications
- First degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university.
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K).
- Knowledge of computerized audit techniques and experience in systems audit.
- Member of ICPAK in good standing.
- 5 years of relevant experience, three (3) years which must be in a senior audit position in a financial institution or co-operatives sector.
- Knowledge of credit and lending principles.
- Adequate knowledge of regulatory framework in the financial/Sacco sector will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 1st February 2023. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 22nd February 2023, consider your application as unsuccessful.