Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Reporting to the Head – Business & Application Support, the role holder is responsible for effective implementation support, maintenance of respective Money Transfer Organizations and associated integrations to Bank & partner systems.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
Oversee resolution of systems related problems with the Banks MTO integrations.
- Handle queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
- Attend to systems failures and resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem including liaising with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalation.
- Maintain an up-to-date system issues log and enforce change control procedures to assure business continuity in cases of system failures to avoid business disruption.
- Assist audit in fraud investigations and implementing corrective measures.
- Work closely with all IT functions to ensure systems are up and running at all times.
- Escalate system issues to Head of Unit and further to software and hardware vendors
Lead implementation/upgrade (projects) of MTO integrations
- Prepare and sign-off Project Initiation Document, obtain approval to commit required resources.
- Ensure that systems are designed and configured as per the requirements of the users i.e. conceptualize and provide the best approach to achieve or automate business requirements from the users.
- Provide test systems for UAT and ensure that functions/features are tested before being put on the live system.
- Develop and maintain documentation on system configuration or setup.
- Provide resources/assist in user training.
- Application tuning and performance monitoring
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures including running BCP Drills as scheduled on DR systems installed.
- Advise and sensitize the top management to facilitate decision making in regarding I.T. matters.
- Conduct post-implementation audits and provide cost benefit analysis.
- Manage contracts and SLAs with respective vendors.
Manage maintenance of the systems once installed and provide guidance to users in line with the Business requirements of the organization
- Ensure that the tariff changes are affected on the system on due dates.
- Maintain the required system configuration and parameterization as required by the business and technology.
- Plan and develop implementation costs estimates.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to secure data.
- Ensure that all applications are fully licensed.
- Ensure Patch and Version Management
- Ensure Compliance to regulatory bodies
- Policies, procedures and guidelines for information processing and outputs are well documented, details available and well understood.
- Keeping required administrative passwords in the safe e.g. administrative access to some of the systems.
- Software security assurance and confidentiality maintenance.
- Review and implement Audit and compliance recommendations provided by both internal and external Auditors.
- Guide / Support the team members in closure of issues and projects
- Mentor / coach team members for effectiveness and performance improvement
- Vendor relation /follow-up in respect to support issues.
- Other duties as allocated from management.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related studies from a recognized university with at least 2 years experience using/supporting ICT systems
- Must have knowledge in Linux and windows operating systems
- Understanding and experience MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle Databases
- Knowledge in Open APIs, SOAP and REST API’s end points
- Knowledge in SOA(Service Oriented Architecture) and ESB(Enterprise Service Bus) technologies – preferably TIBCO
- Knowledge in working with agile methodologies
- Working knowledge with various MTOs (MoneyGram, Remitly, Paysend, Transfast, Terra-pay, World Remit , Instant cash, AceMoney, TapTap Send, Thunes,)
Method of Application
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number SA-MTO-I/IID/2022 by 17th May 2023.
You must be logged in to post a comment.