Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Communications Director for the upcoming USAID-funded Kenya Feed the Future Private Sector Activity. The overall goals of the Activity are to create jobs, particularly for women and youth, increase incomes, and accelerate inclusive, climate-resilient, and sustainable economic growth through private sector partnerships. The Activity will focus on increasing investment into targeted sectors in Kenya through partnerships with growth-oriented, formal private-sector firms. The Activity will support partnerships in the agriculture sector (with processors, off-takers, input and logistics providers, and other market actors) and in the health sector.
The activity will have the flexibility to support opportunities with high job creation potential across the country, with a primary focus on counties within the Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI). These counties include: Taita Taveta, Makueni, and Kitui in southeastern semi-arid areas; Turkana, Marsabit, Isiolo, Garissa, Samburu, and Wajir in the northern arid areas; and Kakamega, Busia, Migori, Homa bay, Kisumu, Vihiga, Bungoma and Siaya.
This position will be full-time, based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is contingent upon award.
- Create and lead the execution of internal and external communications strategies for the Activity.
- Lead and oversee production and submission of deliverables and communications products, including but not limited to, success stories, technical briefs, press releases, videos, and major presentations for external audiences.
- Collaborate with technical team members to generate original written content for project reports, other technical deliverables, and external communication products.
- Oversee the dissemination of communication products, ensuring target audiences are reached.
- Develop protocols and mechanisms for consistent communications with key external stakeholders about project accomplishments and respond promptly to inquiries.
- Create and manage any Activity social media accounts.
- Maintain databases of Activity documents, project, and media contacts in coordination with technical teams.
- Support editing of key project documents and deliverables.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field and at least 12 years of experience OR Master’s and at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing effective communications strategies, including identifying compelling stories, connecting with diverse audiences, distilling technical language into user-friendly formats, collaborating with production teams, and adhering to deadlines and short turn-around times.
- Experience working in Kenya and strong understanding of the Kenyan media landscape required.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects and familiarity with USAID branding highly preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills, including writing and editing. Fluency in Swahili required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and mentoring skills.
- Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.