Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Role:
The role holder, internally referred to as the Voice and Impact Officer, supports the Voice and Impact (V&I) function of Busara by informing decision-making on V&I activities planning and execution and maintaining the Busara website.
The V&I Officer will be expected to understand the voice and impact strategy and its needs, and contribute to the design of V&I activities, such as outputs, engagements and internal monitoring of activities and impact. The V&I Officer will have deep and constantly updated knowledge of the changing media, voice and impact landscape, updated information on Busara Projects and be able to guide activities in the face of changes. The V& I officer will serve as the Busara webmaster in charge of maintaining Busara’s web presence. In addition, the Officer shall provide operational and logistical support to all voice and impact activities and support liaising across divisions, with a particular emphasis on relationships between V&I , People Team and the Research & Advisory division (particularly the qual and design team), acting as a Traffic Coordinator. The Officer will directly support the VP Voice and Impact in planning and execution of the VP’s activities. The Officer should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The Voice and Impact Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Stakeholder and Project Engagement
- Maintain an understanding of the high-level engagement, the goals of the clients, partners, and teams within Busara.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and internal voice and impact activities, acting as a resource person for senior leadership, internal teams, and external parties.
- Work on a variety of voice and impact activities while maintaining a strong understanding of Busara’s work across projects, including those without directly planned voice activities.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the V&I team and successful end-to-end delivery of voice and impact outputs.
- Support the Online Community Officer, Manager Voice and Impact, and VP Voice and Impact in building and managing constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
Operational and Administrative Support
- Act as contact hub for scheduling, idea collection stage and outreach requests before allocating appropriate resources, such as editorial time.
- Maintain and update the Voice output calendar, addressing potential bottlenecks.
- Provide logistical support to all voice and impact activities. Work closely with the relevant team to coordinate planning and execution of all activities. Keep minutes/ action points and maintain an updated agenda for all V&I meetings.
- Act as main liaison in project setup and closure procedures to enhance voice and impact opportunities.
- Track V& I KPIs. Compile records on social media engagement in collaboration with Online Community Officer.
- Website upkeep: conduct regular reviews of website functionality and relevance and alert to the need for major revision, update website weekly with latest output, liaise with the software team in case of website malfunctions.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all Busara outputs.
- Responsible for keeping updated voice and impact running budget. Handle any necessary payments (with the Finance team) and coordinate procurement with relevant Operations teams.
- Complete administrative tasks related to voice and impact
Team Collaboration and Coordination
- Coordinate the V&I team for the successful delivery of voice and impact outputs.
- Collaborate with the Online Community Officer, Manager Voice and Impact, and VP Voice and Impact to maintain uninterrupted voice and impact activities. Address and escalate any issues that may hinder progress or quality.
- Work closely with all relevant teams across Busara to schedule voice and impact activities and to optimize Busara organizational resources.
- Liaise with all relevant Busara teams to schedule voice and impact activities, optimizing organizational resources.
- Partner with relevant teams to plan and execute all activities, keeping track of minutes and maintaining updated agendas for V&I meetings.
- Facilitate cross-team coordination to ensure healthy work relationships are maintained.
- Mediate and escalate issues to supervisors, people team, or other relevant stakeholders when necessary.
- Contribute to internal initiatives where necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience)
- Strong general computer skills
- WordPress proficiency
- Google or MS Suite proficiency
- Strong interest in research, science communication and organisation building.
- Experience with managerial tasks in research or media organisations.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a Busara office location two days per week and work from home on stable internet connections
- Desire to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Familiarity with international development
- Familiarity with social science
- Familiarity with behavioral science