Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees. We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, particularly women, children, and urban refugees.
The primary responsibility of the Community Navigator is to act as a link to the community by providing language interpretation and to assist the organization in providing timely information to refugees and asylum seekers towards their self-reliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a guide to the organization in tracing clients in the community.
- Gather preliminary information from households and flag the ones at risk for assessment.
- Work alongside other staff in conducting visits to clients’ homes and businesses.
- Provide interpretation and translation(verbal communication and translation of documents).
- Receive prescriptions from refugees, share them with RefugePoint – approved pharmacies, and ensure timely delivery of medicines.
- Participate in community mobilization and education as directed by RefugePoint.
- Accompany patients to the hospital when called upon.
- Represent RefugePoint in community-based meetings or other meetings as assigned.
- Provide weekly and monthly community updates to RefugePoint.
- Participate in training and capacity-building programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
Attend to any other duties assigned by the line supervisor.
- Be a resident of Nairobi and, preferably, Eastleigh and its environs.
- Be fluent in Somali, English and Kiswahili.
- Must hold appropriate UNHCR/DRS document; Refugee ID card and/or recent Government Proof of Registration (PoR).
- Must have a minimum of secondary school education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post-secondary school training, e.g. in health, community development, counseling, business administration, etc.
- Experience in community work.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.