This job has been expired
This experienced specialist researches, develops, maintains, and implements policies and programs that enhance the organization’s reputation and relationships; this person aids in cultivating the organization’s relations with the community, government and regulatory entities, employees, donors, and other key stakeholders. The specialist further coordinates and disseminates the organization’s communications with news or trade media contacts through special events, public speaking, or other means used to reach defined audience and program needs as directed by the team. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex public relations initiatives or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other specialists.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Promotes clear and consistent communication materials in support of the organization’s communication strategies as guided.
- Plans, develops, and publishes external communication (including press kits, press releases, annual reports, byline articles, storylines/pitch decks, web content, corporate messaging, and other PR vehicles.)
- Prepares communication concerning the organization for the press and wider community with the purpose of enhancing relationships with all of the organization’s various publics in order to generate mutual understanding, goodwill, awareness and support, as determined by the team.
- Produces social media materials in alignment with communication projects and initiatives.
- Provides input for the maintenance of the organization’s brand, including the updating the style guide and editorial standards/policies.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the public relations discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in this or related field.
- Three years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Generally not required.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Working Environment – Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands – Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements – May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
How to apply:
You must be logged in to post a comment.